Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, just dropping in for a bit of advice.....I'm looking for a helmet cam or bike cam, but not to sure which one to go for. There is a big choice out there so I was wondering if any of you guys use one. It would be great if i could get some feed back. Price/spec/etc.

Thanks Phil. :thumbup:

adamyorkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a drift HD, really good and more subtle than a gopro. Little screen to watch it back on as well. Good battery life and you can twist the lense to straighten it up if can't mount it straight.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I use a drift HD, really good and more subtle than a gopro. Little screen to watch it back on as well. Good battery life and you can twist the lense to straighten it up if can't mount it straight.

+1 on that. Only problem I have found is where to put the remote mic for better sound, usually stuff down my coat which works well.
I think the GoPro's have the advantage in the sound department because of the housing they mount in, seems to work very well and not a lot of wind noise.
But I still think the Drift's have the advantage with usability especially the new models.

Jerry

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
On my 3rd GoPro and they have all done very well. First was a 2 then a 3 Silver and now a 3+ Black. None have failed, sold the old one and upgraded - picked up the 3+Black at the lost luggage store in Scottsboro Alabama. Bought the blackout case which fits nicely with the dark windscreen on my CBR. Each one has been better in picture quality. Need to pay attention to mounting to minimize shake vibration particularly over bumps.

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using a Contour for a few years. works well on my motorcycle and just as good on my bicycle helmet (Road and Mtn) ..

With the Rotating Lens and Laser alignment you can mount the camera almost any angle. however the contour and others has their pros and cons so do some research before buying.
good luck, M

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick update on the contour roam 2.....I've had this cam for around two months now and so far very pleased with It. I use this cam every day to and from work and I get a lot of video recording before the memory card gets full. What does surprise me the most is the amount of drivers on there mobile phones, and sadly that won't change much unless the law comes down much harder on them. :shakehead: So if one is thinking of a video cam this works well and is not to intrusive when mounted on the helmet. :thumbup:

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/video-cameras/camcorders/52942/contour-roam2-review