Acumen Gear Indicator integrated into gauge cluster!!

Very nice indeed, looks OEM, in fact it looks better than OEM.....good job!

:thumbup:

Not quite mod of the year in my eyes, but hey it at least deserves a very honourable mention.

:thumbup:

Warranty? I have no idea but I'm sure any instrument cluster related issues will not be covered under warranty after this mod. There's a bit of cutting involved to get the acumen display to fit flush.

IMG_0270Large.jpg

IMG_0272Large.jpg

The program button is now on the back of the instrument cluster.
IMG_0294Large.jpg

Looks slick. I might have to hunt down an eBay cluster to try that out on.

Hello ¡¡¡¡¡
I am from Barcelona. Excuse me for me English.
Look at my Gear indicator. I hope you like it.

[ame="http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Y9qV_BNdM"]YouTube - indicador de marchas incorporado fz6[/ame]

[ame="http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=w0fCyXXbhGM"]YouTube - YAMAHA-BRICO: INSTALACION INDICADOR MARCHA EN VELOCIMETRO EN YAMAHA FZ6 S2.ヤマãƒFZ6[/ame]

trank you...

Last edited:
Very Good Carlos, a nice work and very interesting, you have done a meticulous labour. :thumbup:

Already we belong to three same forums :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:welcome::welcome:

Last edited:
I am liking this mod!! Very good Carlos

I am still wanting to do my mod I posted here 6 months ago

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...eads-up-display-gear-indicator.html#post69480

My question is, can the Acumen LED #s be wired so that they are displayed mirror reversed? :confused:

The reason I ask is because I have decided to put some type of reflective material on the inside of the windscreen so the projected image needs to be mirrored reversed so it displays proper on the reflective surface of the windscreen...whew!!

thanks for any help

I would like to have this installed but I don't know which wires to splice to. Is there a post describing the installation to my '07 fz6?

I have contacted Brian at mod of the year regarding having this done to my FZ6.

Can anyone who has had it done comment on the longevity of the mod...?
Interested to know if it stands the test of time.....

Thanks.

Update...

Just had a reply from Brian at moty and he says he did the one in this thread as an R&D trial and as yet says they do not offer it for general sale.
He states they are still trying to figure out the gauges properly and won't put it on general sale until they have ironed out all the bugs.
Gutted.

Last edited:
Update...

I have been emailing Brian off and on regarding this since my first contact with him.
He has agreed to do mine but a little differently to the OP's set.
He says the issues lie within the gauges for fully integrating the Gear Indicator.
We have agreed on an integrated install but with the loom exiting the rear of the gauges and i then wire into my bike as normal.
As it was mostly having the GI inside the clocks that i was after and the wiring will be completely hidden, i am happy with the solution.
The gauges are currently with Brian and he is hoping to post them back to me next week.
I will get some pics up and a short report once i have them back and refitted.

These are now on there way back to me.
Will post up my thoughts once they have arrive and are fitted..

Installed today.
Brian does stunning work.

579d4dc8.jpg

e4debe7f.jpg

3573736e.jpg

05fa4c9c.jpg

A pic of the back, wires exit as normal an other half solders in, dead easy and took an hour.

f614e15f.jpg

Last edited:
Back