After my back surgery, I'm BACK

gstephen70

Reaction score
Visit site
Had to give up riding for a season to allow the back to heal. (No, I wasn't in an accident; had nerve damage and compressed lumbar) Finally got the doc's ok (begrudgingly, mind you) to ride again. So, I am excited to say the least. Anyway, I've got some money to spend, so I thought I'd ask for advice on how to spend it. New rubber is a given. As I haven't kept up with what's new in rubber, I was gonna go with a Pilot.

Power or Road model? I don't do track days and I am not a jackass on my bike. Simply need to replace the OEM Dunlop that are wearing thin.

I already have a Two Brothers exhaust, but I never had it mapped. Just bolted it on. Would you suggest I have it mapped? Or would something like a PC fit the bill? I have a Predator Diablo on my GMC 1500 so I have some experience how to adjust air/fuel.

I went down one on the front sprocket but never bothered with a Healer. Should I bother?

Finally, I'd like to throw some money at the suspension. As I am not able to do both front and rear ATM, which would you suggest I do first? Any brand suggestions?

TIA. I am really pumped to ride again and may everyone ride safe this season. :thumbup:

Last edited:

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
Spend your money on good tires and get a decent tune for the rest of your kit.

I love this bike but before you spend loads of money on it just buy a nicer bike.

gstephen70

Reaction score
Visit site
Spend your money on good tires and get a decent tune for the rest of your kit.

I love this bike but before you spend loads of money on it just buy a nicer bike.

I agree on the tires. Thing is, the only other bike I could ride comfortably would be a BMW R1200R (more $$) or a Triumph S3, which I have been on the lookout for.

Tires and a tune looks like the way to go. Maybe a new set of HyperPro springs.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're back! Back problems are bloody awful - I have a bulging disc in my back AND Schermann's disease - I know all about bad backs. I'm lucky enough not to have needed any surgery. Hopefully that doesn't change.

Again, :welcome: back to the forum :cheer::cheer: