AH-64 Apache Crash Afghanistan

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Dramatic new video gives a rare, up-close view of an American military attack chopper the AH-64 apache apparently losing control and crashing hard at a remote, mountainous outpost in Afghanistan.
The video, which appeared online recently, shows an Apache helicopter coming into view before swooping down low over the coalition outpost.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dljdoYmNjc&feature=related]AH-64 Apache Crash Afghanistan - HQ Full video - YouTube[/ame]

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I work on Kiowa's in the army and i know they are not the same by any means. It looks like a pilot was enjoying himself and had a pitch arm break.

The break seemed to pitch him up until he lost thrust, and the aircraft cradled back. Without the ability to control the pitch he was driven into the ground.

The only thing that looked good is that the pilot seemed to realize the problem and killed the engines. If it wasn't for that, It could have been really bad.
If i remember right, the AH-64D has an automatic shutoff system, unlike most of our Kiowa's.

**** happens....