Any experience at replacing LCD.

Reaction score
Visit site
Does any one have any experience in replacing the LCD panel in a 2007 instrument cluster? Just wondering about the general procedure and how difficult it would be. Part of my LCD has blanked or faded out on the left. The fuel, temp and part of the clock are covered and barely visible in daylight. (picture was taken in a dark garage and doesn't give a good idea of how bad it really is). First, I am assuming this is an LCD problem and the only fix is replacement. If anyone thinks differently, please let me know. New LCD on eBay is $69. Used full cluster on eBay is $300+. Obviously would like to go cheaper. Just trying to figure out how much harder and more time consuming it would be to take apart the cluster and replace just the LCD. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9080.jpeg
    IMG_9080.jpeg
    967.6 KB · Views: 9

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
AJ - how are your soldering skills? I'm not sure if that LCD is via connector to the main board or is it soldered directly to the board. If it's a connector replacement will be fairly straight forward. If it's soldered to the board you will need to de-solder the existing pins from the board, making sure to use suction on the liquid solder as to not create shorts and then reflow the new LCD display onto the board. If reading that doesn't worry you...then the answer is self evident.

Do you have a link to the replacement LCD? That may tell you what the process will be.

Reaction score
Visit site
Whether soldering was required or not was one of my main concerns. I have and can solder but not a lot of experience and really don't have the time and proper tools/shop right now to get into that. The link has no info on what is required for installation. Just shows a picture of the lcd with pins. To further complicate things, I just noticed that the description says "for fz6 2008+." My understanding is that the instrument cluster did not change at all from 2007 to 2009 at least, and people are selling the full clusters across those years as compatible. Could there possibly be a difference between just the LCD on 2007 vs. 2008? Seems very unlikely.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 8