Any S1 owners know the torque spec for the T50 sub-frame to frame bolts?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am going to remove the sub-frame for painting this off-season and I wanted to see if anyone had the torque spec for when I reattach?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually I think I found it. Under 'Chassis Tightening Torques' in the manual, they list the 'Front Frame to Rear Frame Upper' and 'Front Frame to Rear Frame Lower' as an M10 thread and a 30 ft lb torque.

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually I think I found it. Under 'Chassis Tightening Torques' in the manual, they list the 'Front Frame to Rear Frame Upper' and 'Front Frame to Rear Frame Lower' as an M10 thread and a 30 ft lb torque.

Hey Trepetti, I see you have a S2 swingarm on your S1, I bought a very good condition S2 black swing arm for my 05 diamond black S1, was it difficult to fit bro?
Any help greatly appreciated!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Trepetti, I see you have a S2 swingarm on your S1, I bought a very good condition S2 black swing arm for my 05 diamond black S1, was it difficult to fit bro?
Any help greatly appreciated!
If you are comfortable removing and reinstalling the S1 swingarm, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the hardest, it's a 0. At the time I reused my stock shock, and the hardest part of the whole job was removing the collar that goes through a boss on the swingarm. This comes off 2 ways.... it slides right out or it has you cursing in foreign languages.

I managed to get it out with penetrating oil and heat on the swingarm boss. All told not a terrible job, but it made a simple swap into a 2 hour ordeal.

Go for it.... worth the effort when you adjust the chain....

1665447917761.png

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are comfortable removing and reinstalling the S1 swingarm, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the hardest, it's a 0. At the time I reused my stock shock, and the hardest part of the whole job was removing the collar that goes through a boss on the swingarm. This comes off 2 ways.... it slides right out or it has you cursing in foreign languages.

I managed to get it out with penetrating oil and heat on the swingarm boss. All told not a terrible job, but it made a simple swap into a 2 hour ordeal.

Go for it.... worth the effort when you adjust the chain....

View attachment 75117