Anyone else have a givi key break on them?

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
20130621_154218.jpg

And to make it worse..it broke off in the lock! Had to take the pins for the hinges out and completely take apart the locking mechanism. Not a difficult or complicated task, but annoying nonetheless. Good thing givi sends 2 keys..just gotta be more gentle with this one i guess.

Anyone else have this problem with their givis?

Last edited:

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like the plastic has been stressed pretty good. How hard you turning that thing???

Just enough to open and close the box haha. And the plastic wasnt showing any signs of stress until i tried putting the rest of the key in to open it..thats when i put a bit more force on it lol. Not enough force to damage the lock though; just the plastic on the key.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine did that exactly - but not in the lock. Happened when the dealer had it for service so I made them give me a new lock barrel and 2 key set. As mine didn't break off in the lock I could open the box no problems to replace it.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine did that exactly - but not in the lock. Happened when the dealer had it for service so I made them give me a new lock barrel and 2 key set. As mine didn't break off in the lock I could open the box no problems to replace it.

Nice! You lucked out lol. Getting into the box really wasnt hard; dont keep any valuables in the givis lol. I just hope i can find someone that can cut another one..otherwise ill be ordering another shi7 key from givi haha