What exhausts?

• Total voters

MitchellsFZ6

Truly obsessed with bikes
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and girls of the FZ6 Forum :)
First post here, not as a rider lol.

Basically, I've had my 08 FZ6 for 6 months now and I love it to pieces, its responsive, the brakes are fantastic and I've been twos up on it to Silverstone and London on more than one occassion and Its been fantastic.

My one problem and its a big one, is the noise... I tend to ride with two 600 Bandits with an MTC and Beowulf exhaust... These are very loud, they make a very nice noise :p. On ocassion I have ridden with 2 CBR 600's, one 2008 and the other 2000 but even with the stock CBR 600 on the 2008 plate, mine is as silent as a mouse fart and I'm pretty sure most people will agree with me lol.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is; has anyone ever had any experience with the SP Engineering Moto GP Stuby exhausts for an FZ6?
I've heard a couple of videos on youtube and they sound fantastic but I know youtube videos dont do exhausts justice, heres the link if you havent already heard them:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zmWgk-jusg]Zaust.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Im not forking out 800 quid plus on the TwoBrothers and I'm definitely not shedding out 800 quid for the Mivvs...
By the way, I've already bought the exhausts I just wanted to know of any hiccups I may encounter on the way :)

So, let us know please guys :D
Help the noob out :p

Mitchell.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and girls of the FZ6 Forum :)
First post here, not as a rider lol.

Basically, I've had my 08 FZ6 for 6 months now and I love it to pieces, its responsive, the brakes are fantastic and I've been twos up on it to Silverstone and London on more than one occassion and Its been fantastic.

My one problem and its a big one, is the noise... I tend to ride with two 600 Bandits with an MTC and Beowulf exhaust... These are very loud, they make a very nice noise :p. On ocassion I have ridden with 2 CBR 600's, one 2008 and the other 2000 but even with the stock CBR 600 on the 2008 plate, mine is as silent as a mouse fart and I'm pretty sure most people will agree with me lol.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is; has anyone ever had any experience with the SP Engineering Moto GP Stuby exhausts for an FZ6?
I've heard a couple of videos on youtube and they sound fantastic but I know youtube videos dont do exhausts justice, heres the link if you havent already heard them:
Zaust.wmv - YouTube

Im not forking out 800 quid plus on the TwoBrothers and I'm definitely not shedding out 800 quid for the Mivvs...
By the way, I've already bought the exhausts I just wanted to know of any hiccups I may encounter on the way :)

So, let us know please guys :D
Help the noob out :p

Mitchell.

I'm not familiar with the SP mufflers however they sound slightly tinnier than my SS Scorprions (without DB killers and the cat still installed).

From the video, it seems my Scorps are MUCH louder once you get past 4-5k RPM's. I've had comments that it sounds like a liter bike once your in the powerband (IMHO sounds awesome). Quiet enough in the neighborhood with low RPM's, NO RE-PACKING either.

You may want to check their website (SP) just to make sure you don't have to make any changes to the bike. The Scorp's don't require any BTW..

BTW, for really awesome braking, put on some SS brake lines (I have Hel lines), much, much firmer braking with less pull/push on the levers, Highly recommended...

Good luck.

Last edited:

MitchellsFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the SP mufflers however they sound slightly tinnier than my SS Scorprions (without DB killers and the cat still installed).

From the video, it seems my Scorps are MUCH louder once you get past 4-5k RPM's. I've had comments that it sounds like a liter bike once your in the powerband (IMHO sounds awesome). Quiet enough in the neighborhood with low RPM's, NO RE-PACKING either.

You may want to check their website (SP) just to make sure you don't have to make any changes to the bike. The Scorp's don't require any BTW..

BTW, for really awesome braking, put on some SS brake lines (I have Hel lines), much, much firmer braking with less pull/push on the levers, Highly recommended...

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply Townsend :')

Well, I've got the issue that I live in the United Kingdom, meaning that most aftermarket exhausts are very limited to me, I was originally going to buy the Scorpions for mine but I found them online to sound incredibly tinny when in the higher revs... Which is a shame, but videos dont do exhausts justice.
Have you done any videos of your exhausts on Youtube at all?

I have checked the website, they dont require a remap at all, they dont require any bolt on extras but Ive now ordered the K&N Airfilter and K&N Oil Filter, so the engine shouldnt run to rich by the lack of air.

SS Brake Lines, I'll definitely have to look into them, cheers mate :') :BLAA:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I've got the issue that I live in the United Kingdom, meaning that most aftermarket exhausts are very limited to me.

Limited in what kind of way?
By law? Or you just don't find after market exhausts in the UK?

Grtz,

Degake

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I first got my Scorps, they didn't come with the DB killers. I had to order them from England.

I assumed their main factory was in Europe...

BTW, I sold the DB killers as they were too quiet for me. Sorry, I don't have any audio files of the Scorps, I've only heard them on the bike. I purchased them as a recommendation from the local shop I buy my supplies from.

Do a search, there should be a file somewhere of the Scorps... I love mine and can't speak highly enough of them. I can say, in real life, at idle low RPM's the tone is low/growl, at higher RPM's its screams and does sound like a liter bike (without the DB killers)...

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
When I first got my Scorps, they didn't come with the DB killers. I had to order them from England.

I assumed their main factory was in Europe...

As a matter of fact: Scorpion Exhaust Systems is an English manufacturer. :)
They're located at Derbyshire :thumbup:

Grtz,

Degake

MitchellsFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
As a matter of fact: Scorpion Exhaust Systems is an English manufacturer. :)
They're located at Derbyshire :thumbup:

Grtz,

Degake

I know they're built in England :)
I just didnt choose them because they were too expensive, I could not justify the price :L

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I know they're built in England :)
I just didnt choose them because they were too expensive, I could not justify the price :L

£313 for some Scorpions doesn't sound too steep to me (basic version though)....
You should've gone with the Leo's :spank: :ban:

Grtz,

Degake

Trev

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking at the SP Engineering cans for a while now.
They look awesome.
What price did you pay?
I have been haggling but they won't discount enough so far...

MitchellsFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking at the SP Engineering cans for a while now.
They look awesome.
What price did you pay?
I have been haggling but they won't discount enough so far...

Hi Trev,

I actually had them arrive last night which was quite good, they're packaged extremely well for a set of cans :)

I got them off eBay for a pretty good price of £360, although that sounds alot, they are fully carbon fibre wrapped amd the finish on them is superb, I'd recommend hunting through eBay :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchellsFZ6
I know they're built in England

£313 for some Scorpions doesn't sound too steep to me (basic version though)....
You should've gone with the Leo's

Grtz,

Degake

Yeah and thats what I didnt want, the basic version, whats the point in spending money on the basic version, in my opinion they dont look particuarly nice, they dont sound brilliant but at the end of the day they are Leo Vince but for what I want and need :p The Sp Engineering Cans will suit me down to the ground :) and with the only model available to me with the Sp Engineering Cans £360 was cheap :BLAA: :cheer:

Mitchell.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah and thats what I didnt want, the basic version, whats the point in spending money on the basic version, in my opinion they dont look particuarly nice, they dont sound brilliant but at the end of the day they are Leo Vince but for what I want and need :p The Sp Engineering Cans will suit me down to the ground :) and with the only model available to me with the Sp Engineering Cans £360 was cheap :BLAA: :cheer:

Mitchell.

If it suits your taste ;)
But don't you go talking bad about the Leo's!! :spank:

Grtz,

Degake

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
ill have to look into the SP's. but as for now my favorite pipes are the MIVV's and then the TwoBro's (already have some of their stuff on other bikes). Im running the stockers now and don't plan on modding until my warranty runs out.

Cranky

Reaction score
Visit site
I myself have been looking at SP engineering cans on Ebay, but dont know to go for them or Leo vince for £419.00. You can get Scorpion carbons for £495.00 but they have the chrome ends and dont think they look as nice.
Two brothers are £800.00 which is out of my league.

Keep us all posted on how easy they where to fit and what they sound like.

Chris

MitchellsFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Cranky, welcome to the forum :').
:welcome:

I love my SP Engineering pipes.. I've just got back from work, so when I get up, Ill roll the ol' girl out of the garage and do a few videos :').

I'll do a video with and without the Db killers, not that anyones ever going to ride with them in... :ban:

I have to say, the quality of the pipes is excellent, the Y-link pipe that connects the pipes to the Cat is chrome and crafted brilliantly, I did have a problem with them though.. Not to put anyone off (this may have just been an issue with mine, I havent heard anyone else complain of this) the pipe on the left hand side would not go on the link pipe without some serious brute force (Im not a small chap, 6ft 4, 17 stone, 3 times a week in the gym) and that took me a good hour to make sure that was sat correctly. It took a 12lb lump hammer and a block of wood to get it on but after that toil, they look and sound fantastic. I've used the technique of spraying water over the connection and there's no air leaking out of the joint, so its brilliant in that respect, the gubilee clip holding it all together was basically pointless to be honest lol.

I have to say, do NOT under estimate how loud these pipes are. I ride with 2 600 Bandits with after market cans (MTC and Beowulf) these are nicely loud, a nice rumble and if you're having a good enough time keeping them at 8 - 9K in the rev range, spit flame :cheer:
Do not ask me how but when riding down to Great Yarmouth just before the turn of the new year, I was riding with my mate on his Bandit, we absolutely spanked it up the road, I changed down a couple of gears, slipped the clutch and BAM, *literally as much noise as a Howizter Missile* comes from the exhaust and a nice 6inch flame comes out the back.. I nearly burnt my mates bike! Hahahaha :BLAA:
When you consider how loud the FZ6 is with the stock cans... Or NOT how loud the FZ6 is with the cans I should say, the SP Engineering cans absolutely spank the Bandits, for noise and speed.
Ill see if I cant make that apparent in the soon to be videos :).

(Oh, Im running my FZ6 with an aftermarket airfilter (K&N), Iridium Sparkies from NGK (if anyone wants the numbers of the plugs Ill find the box, just PM me or ask me here, they REALLY did make the power delivery much smoother) and PowerCommanderIII USB (I made a custom map, seems to work perfectly for me) I did notice a loss of power without the K&N filter and PCIII... But that could have just been in my head to be honest.

Ill take some pictures and get back to you guys tonight.
In all honesty, THE best £350 I've ever spent.
Recommend? Jump at the oppurtunity if you can.

Mitchells FZ6 :)