Anyone tried these CNC preload fork adjustment caps?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have those preload adjusters on my stock forks that were just replaced with R6 ones. There was some perceived improvement when those preload adjusters were used with the stock springs, but it felt pretty useless once I got the racetech springs that were correct for my weight. That was with the fork oil changed to a heavier one - tried 10 - 15wt maxima fork oil. I even added an emulator, although it was a bit of an experimental one to try and reduce the dive during braking. No help.
Last weekend, I finally got to change to R6 forks. And the difference is great. I'd say any changes to stock forks help to reduce the bouncy nature of the forks, but not much support during braking.

And I got the shims a couple of weeks ago from Brad(dako81) - PM him. Upgrade to R6 forks if you really want to fix the front end.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ +1
By the time you spend money on the caps and springs that's $200 you could have spent towards really addressing the limits of the OEM hardware.

What are you trying to address? If you cruise the interstate , oil and springs may be ok. If you want to improve the ride quality, R6 forks are bolt on solution. If you are average weight, the R6 springs may work for several years....

That was the best money Ive spent on the FZ. Coupled with the new rear shock, the bike is transformed!

Last edited:

KHarper4289

Reaction score
Visit site
I have those preload adjusters on my stock forks that were just replaced with R6 ones. There was some perceived improvement when those preload adjusters were used with the stock springs, but it felt pretty useless once I got the racetech springs that were correct for my weight. That was with the fork oil changed to a heavier one - tried 10 - 15wt maxima fork oil. I even added an emulator, although it was a bit of an experimental one to try and reduce the dive during braking. No help.
Last weekend, I finally got to change to R6 forks. And the difference is great. I'd say any changes to stock forks help to reduce the bouncy nature of the forks, but not much support during braking.

And I got the shims a couple of weeks ago from Brad(dako81) - PM him. Upgrade to R6 forks if you really want to fix the front end.

Which guide did you use to install? I'll pick them up this weekend. I really thought the shims were no longer available or something.

If I have a step by step I can do it myself.

Aren't the R6 forks a good bit shorter than the FZs? How was that addressed? Did the fork swap mess with the geometry at all?

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do some reading. Thats not an issue. In fact most of us slide the stanchion up the triple 6 - 12mm so the bike turns in nice...
The only different item to address is sloting the oem fender 0.75" (S2) but the rest pretty much just bolts back together just like it was...