anyone with throttle control on their fizz?

sFoster

new rider
Reaction score
Visit site
i remember some people talking about this
do a forum search. maybe try 'cruise control' or something

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a Vista Cruise control on my Intruder and it worked very well.

I try and keep off the Highway now because I find it boring and so do not have one on the FZ6.

Steve

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Throttlemeister is supposed to be good. I am going to order one. Also the Crampbuster works pretty well. I have one and it's really nice. I will post when I get the Throttlemeister. I try and stay off of the main highways if possible. Thats where all the cagers are and i'm not. Still there is a need to relax the right hand. :thumbup:

creekbed

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for the throttmeister, I have one on the FZ6 and ST1100. Very easy to install and around $100.

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered a throttlemeister a bit ago, should be here next week. Went with the heavy model, flat black. Looks to be about $157. I'll report how it is. I have a throttle lock on my VFR and loved it, my BMW had real cruise control, THAT was great.

tmilheiser

Reaction score
Visit site
i use a crapbuster, i think it was $15 and it works great. it just slides on and says. it was easy to adjust and i just leave in on the bike. ive had it for a few months now with no problems.:thumbup:
images

bcdiesel

Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased the Throttle Rocker off ebay shipped for about $10. I use to get a cramping throttle wrist in about 20 mins, now a huge improvement with the Rocker. I chose the Throttle Rocker over the Cramp Buster because I bought some cheap foam bike grips that I ky'd over the stock grips. The Throttle Rockers adjustable Velcro strap will accommodate pretty much any diameter grip. The foam grips took away the vibration that caused my numbness, and the Throttle Rocker removed the wrist cramp. Just my 2 cents!

tominos

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on crampbuster. i have one too, and it works great. so simple. and you can flip it forward out of the way when you're not on the highway

johnn

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a VistaCruise I removed from my V-Star. I just filed down the clamp to fit the smaller bar on the FZ6 and it went on in minutes.
Works like a charm. Not as pretty as some of the others but very cost-effective.

John
Indiana

HorizonChaser

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Throttlemeister on my 09 FZ6 and absolutly love it. It makes a world of difference regardless of whether you are riding the backroads or the super-slabs, as it is easy to set and release the throttle and give your throttle hand a much needed break. Right after I picked up my 09 FZ6 which replaced my 05, I took it on a 3 hour ride without the throttle lock and after about an hour I really wish I had put them on. I have silver ones that look really good against the black of the bike so they are functional and stylish.:D

One thing with the Throttlemeisters to be aware of is that you may have to do a bit of adjusting to get it just right to ensure that once you set it, it stays locked. If it isn't tight enough, the throttle will come loose and you lose power. So far that has been the only finicky bit I have had with them.