Appeal to Arcade Score Keeping - 1st Place

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I kindly request my rightly earned high score in the Galaxians Game be reflected in the High Scores section of the Arcade. I tied for first place earning high score of 183 just as Penguinbiker8 has. See attachment 'galaxiansHiScore.jpeg'

While Penguinbiker8 has been ranked #1 with the same score I am ranked #2 for the same effort. The game restarts the score from 0 after one passes the threshold score of 183. You may see in the column "time played" that while penguinbiker spent just over two minutes to earn 183, I spent about 5 minutes. Which proves that I simply beat the hi score of 183, the score restarted to 0, and I beat it again dying intentionaly at the score of 183 to keep the high score the second time around.

Had the scoring been kept correctly, I would rank 1st in the High Score section of Galaxians. And also ranked #1 in the Aracade-Champions section with 3 highscore records. In effect tying the overall first place champion KPTNT. - See attachment 'ArcadeChampions.jpeg'

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I kindly request my rightly earned high score in the Galaxians Game be reflected in the High Scores section of the Arcade. I tied for first place earning high score of 183 just as Penguinbiker8 has. See attachment 'galaxiansHiScore.jpeg'

While Penguinbiker8 has been ranked #1 with the same score I am ranked #2 for the same effort. The game restarts the score from 0 after one passes the threshold score of 183. You may see in the column "time played" that while penguinbiker spent just over two minutes to earn 183, I spent about 5 minutes. Which proves that I simply beat the hi score of 183, the score restarted to 0, and I beat it again dying intentionaly at the score of 183 to keep the high score the second time around.

Had the scoring been kept correctly, I would rank 1st in the High Score section of Galaxians. And also ranked #1 in the Aracade-Champions section with 3 highscore records. In effect tying the overall first place champion KPTNT. - See attachment 'ArcadeChampions.jpeg'

I cannot change the score... The game Is a free script..... I did not code it and cannot manually edit scores... Sooooo... we have two choices... Leave it as it is or remove the game completely....... Sorry........ Unless you know PHP and Flash.... if so Ill send you the script to re-code....

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The proper place for you is in fact 2nd, exactly where you are. Penguinbiker8 achieved the highest score first, thus deserves the right to maintain the top position until someone tops his score. The idea of taking first means you must beat him, not tie. This is the same for any tier scoring sport.

Keep trying and you'll take number one as you so deserve! ;)

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The proper place for you is in fact 2nd, exactly where you are. Penguinbiker8 achieved the highest score first, thus deserves the right to maintain the top position. The idea of taking first means you must beat him, not tie. This is the same for any tier scoring sport.

Keep trying and you'll take number one as you so deserve! ;)

The point is there is no higher than penguinbiker8 and I scored. If you read closely the game resets the score to 0 after hitting 183.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
i think i agree with both sides,,,,thank god its not something that you should lose your mind about,,,,i agree with nimzo cause that game cannot be counted in in rankings since you cannot go further than that actual score.....the first person who achieved that high score will always remain #1 ....if that game was effecting its own high score only that was fine , but its infact effecting whole ranking system,,,i think it should be removed from the arcade.......i dont know but if there is any more games in there where your highscore is limited to a certain number,,,that game should be removed also

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think i agree with both sides,,,,thank god its not something that you should lose your mind about,,,,i agree with nimzo cause that game cannot be counted in in rankings since you cannot go further than that actual score.....the first person who achieved that high score will always remain #1 ....if that game was effecting its own high score only that was fine , but its infact effecting whole ranking system,,,i think it should be removed from the arcade.......i dont know but if there is any more games in there where your highscore is limited to a certain number,,,that game should be removed also

That is an interesting idea worth considering. If a game is not registering the scores correctly it should not be included in the arcade and or ranking system; for the #1 will always remain #1 no matter what score another may possibly get. There was in fact another game that did not register my score I believe it was Space Invaders - the black and white game.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
You guys are whining like a bunch of babies.... leave the game it is fun

8,110 is the high score.... read it and weep

at a former leader of the leaderboard and King of the Arcade... unless you have no life.... that will pass. It takes too much time to stay on top.

relax and go ride.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are whining like a bunch of babies.... leave the game it is fun

8,110 is the high score.... read it and weep

at a former leader of the leaderboard and King of the Arcade... unless you have no life.... that will pass. It takes too much time to stay on top.

relax and go ride.

I'm glad someone else said what I was thinking!:eek:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
lol mike,,being in canada,,,see what im dealing with in winter cause i have nothing better to do instead of riding around,enjoying the wind all around my body :D

i beleive Admin took care of the situation by erasing the high scores....

so do me a favor mike, please ride couple of extra miles for me tomorrow
:Sport::Sport:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
well he is damn good at pool jam,,,i dont think he'll give that up for a while :D

im still tryin to get you penguin!!!! :thumbup: