Arizona Fizzers

Grnrzr

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys:D I hope your interview goes well! If anybody is interested i will probably be heading up north on saturday for a day ride. I do not have a set route in mind, just want to get out of the valley for a little while. Open to suggestions if anyone is interested. :rockon:

The Hill Boys

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! If you don't mind, I'll spill the beans AFTER it goes well, but the general idea is it's auto related and I'd probably live in Surprise/Peoria. I grew up in Phoenix and Scottsdale so it'll be a bit of a change, but it's all the same idea.

Haha...understand completely! Best of luck. We used to live up in N Peoria. I love it up there. Stuck in Gilbert for a while (as long as the keep making clothes pins for my nose).

Stellacotton

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Hi all, ive been wanting to respond to this thread. Ive had my fizzer for a couple months now. Im absolutely loving it :rockon: it would be nice to meet up and go for a ride. Sat and sun are my best days. I live in phx. This weekend should be great to go up north. Prescott or payson are both fun runs :D.

I might be able to do a Sunday Payson run but I won't know til Sat afternoon. BTW my name is Stella. ;)

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
Been waiting to reply to this thread as well...

I live in Tucson and am down for weekend group rides as well. Tucson to Bisbee is supposed to be a sweet little day ride. Hit me up! Forgot to mention-Mt. Lemmon ride is spectacular. Did that last weekend for the first time: Awesome!

Grnrzr

Reaction score
Visit site
Sunday will work better for me this weekend. I just dropped off my bike for some new tires and fork seals. Should be done tomorrow. :BLAA:
I am down for a sunday up north ride.......:D

The Hill Boys

Reaction score
Visit site
Been waiting to reply to this thread as well...

I live in Tucson and am down for weekend group rides as well. Tucson to Bisbee is supposed to be a sweet little day ride. Hit me up! Forgot to mention-Mt. Lemmon ride is spectacular. Did that last weekend for the first time: Awesome!

I worked down at U of A for two years. Drove up Mt Lemon a few times in my truck. Would love to do it on a bike.

I bought a bike from guy down there on the SW part of town. He lived off of some little road that went back to a desert museum or something. I test rode the bike a little on that road. I contemplated moving down there and living right next to that road.

redoliander

Reaction score
Visit site
Im in Gilbert. Haven't been on this site in forever. I'm mostly on a local site. Just got done putting on clipons and brembo front master. Haven't gone for a ride in a while mostly commuting to work.

The Hill Boys

Reaction score
Visit site
Im in Gilbert. Haven't been on this site in forever. I'm mostly on a local site. Just got done putting on clipons and brembo front master. Haven't gone for a ride in a while mostly commuting to work.

Hey, were are you in Gilbert? Do you have a red FZ6? My wife and son of seen one down near Warner/Greenfield area and they always think it's me.

Last edited:

redoliander

Reaction score
Visit site
Power and Germann. Mine is an 05 silver. It's got an sv headlight. The front was ripped off at ttf a few years back. Done a few mods to it. 07 swingarm, 07 top triple, R6 forks, brembo front master, Dan Moto clipons, safety wired for the track, if I can get back out there.

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I did it. I will be working for a company involved with vehicle testing on Ford's Arizona Proving Grounds in Wittmann (on the US-60 just outside most "normal" civilization). I'll probably be living in the Northwest valley somewhere. Looking forward to meeting you all. Can't wait to ride TTF (drove there with my family last weekend, seemed nice) and dare I say take the FZ down the rest of the Apache Trail? Also the Coronado trail/Devil's highway/191, Mt. Lemmon, Prescott via White Spars, SRC, etc...

The Hill Boys

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! We definitely need to hook up. You are going to be lovin life up on that end of town. Yarnell/White Spars at your door step!

TTF is getting real bad on the lower section. Upper section still fun. I wouldn't personally take the FZ6 up Apache Trail. I did it on a V Strom last year. You could make it easily. Just wash board and a few loose sand areas. I would prefer to do it on a dual sport.

Take care and look forward to meeting you (and the other AZ Fizzers) soon!

Here is a shot from TTF last weekend....

TortillaFlatsRide019.jpg

redoliander

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the job. TTF will be a drive for you. I haven't been up there in a couple years. The lower section is horrible. Both my crashes were at TTF. But I do love that top section!

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all! I know it'll be a drive but I'm excited to get lots more miles on! Then again I might change my mind if gas keeps going up... :O