Aussie Insurance time.....

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i've had the XJR :drool: for 12 months now & thought i'd just shop around for a new insurance policy..... Keeping in mind im currently insured with NRMA & have multi policy discount , professional driver discount , rating 1 , maximum no claim bonus & all that crap , so i wasnt expecting much..... Well how wrong i was :(.... QBE is half what i pay at NRMA :eek: thats right HALF.... So much for customer loyalty NRMA :spank: see ya later chums im taking my business elsewhere :shakehead:....

Shop around peoples , i bet im not the only one getting screwed :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i've had the XJR :drool: for 12 months now & thought i'd just shop around for a new insurance policy..... Keeping in mind im currently insured with NRMA & have multi policy discount , professional driver discount , rating 1 , maximum no claim bonus & all that crap , so i wasnt expecting much..... Well how wrong i was :(.... QBE is half what i pay at NRMA :eek: thats right HALF.... So much for customer loyalty NRMA :spank: see ya later chums im taking my business elsewhere :shakehead:....

Yep, they are pretty good. All our bikes, except mine, are with them. I went to Swann when I bought mine because, at the time, it was discounted through the dealer. I received my renewal this week - not happy. It has gone up @ $50 (It has gone up to $355), they have dropped my scorpions which were added and dropped the value from $11500 (including my scorps) to $8800! Not happy Jan! I have full no claims, maximum discounts etc.

I'm giving QBE a call later today - the DT, XJR and Speed 3 are with them, now they can insure my beautiful FZ as well :thumbup:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site

My good wifey takes care of all that stuff:cheer:,but she informs me that the nrma multi-policy discount does not extend to motorcycle insurance(here in nsw anyway):ban:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My good wifey takes care of all that stuff:cheer:,but she informs me that the nrma multi-policy discount does not extend to motorcycle insurance(here in nsw anyway):ban:

I was told that it did but since comparing prices im starting think they took me for a ride (pardon the pun) the whole time....... Ohh well , im off to QBE anyways :thumbup:

Last edited:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm suprised you got your bike insurance with NRMA at all. Its a pretty commonly known fact their prices are not competitive at all because they really don't want to insure motorcycles, so their prices are just super and most people avoid them.
Its even been in the motorcycle mags a few times over the last few years just how bad NRMA is.

I'm with QBE, but Swann occasionally has a better price, but not always the same level of cover.
Swann has a reputation of being cheaper for younger people too.

I totally avoid NRMA these days even if they are the cheaper price, I'd rather pay a little more to an organisation which hasn't proven itself utterly corrupt and lacking any morals at every opportunity.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, they are pretty good. All our bikes, except mine, are with them. I went to Swann when I bought mine because, at the time, it was discounted through the dealer. I received my renewal this week - not happy. It has gone up @ $50 (It has gone up to $355), they have dropped my scorpions which were added and dropped the value from $11500 (including my scorps) to $8800! Not happy Jan! I have full no claims, maximum discounts etc.

I'm giving QBE a call later today - the DT, XJR and Speed 3 are with them, now they can insure my beautiful FZ as well :thumbup:

Forgot to mention that aswell , QBE put my Scorp & screen on the policy :cheer: where NRMA would never recognise the zorst :spank: & she is insured for $15000 :rockon:

Freak

Reaction score
Visit site
Id be interested to know what some of us Aussies are paying for insurance.

Me-

Age - 23
Type of insurance - Full comp
Bike - 2006 FZ6s
Value insured for - $7000
Provider - Suncorp
How much a year- $780

Suncorp did the best price for me after ringing around a few months back. Thats 15% multi policy too.

Cheers
Dan

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
I am with Swann, 1st year cost free insurance, however will be going with Police and Nurses and QBE insurance policy on the car just kept going up and up every year :(

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Full Comp - QBE, with gear cover
Under my Dads name since I don't have a no claim discount yet, so secondary rider.
Aprox $900 from memory, cheaper than last year, by 100$

Checked with swann and it didn't provide old for new, also wouldn't offer the thing where they replace your bike if its less than X years old with a new one for major damage.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I was wrong about everything being with QBE - we must have changed it last year, and as I'm getting so old...... I forget things these days. Only the DT is with QBE and I won't bothering telling you about that.

BTW, we are 40 and 41 - might make a difference.

2009 Speed 3 $20350 Fully comp $615 Swann Insurance
2008 XJR1300 $12250 Fully comp $444 Swann Insurance

Last year, my 08 FZ6 $11100 Fully comp (incl my scorps) $318 Swann Insurance
This year, $8800 Fully comp (excl my scorps) $355 Swann Insurance

I won't be renewing my policy with them unless they come up with a better deal :spank:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Kind of makes you wonder exactly how they work out their pricing, they are covering less, for a smaller value, after you have been with them a year (I'm assuming no claims), it should be less!

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, Swann are losing my business.

They dropped the value down to $8800 then told me red book value is $9500!

If I want "agreed" value with them of $10500 it will cost me $408 and I have to go to a dealership to get my bike valued. I don't think so.

I rang QBE, and without telling them about my other quote, they gave me red book value at a better rate - $250. I told them "agreed" value of $10500, they quoted me $317 including $4000 worth of coverage for riding gear.

I'll be going with QBE.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm another one to QBE , wonder is i can get a spotters fee for that :D

I also noticed everybody else only offers $2000 cover on riding gear where QBE are $4000 , thats another plus :thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea when I looked at QBE even if they had been more expensive (they weren't) they would probably have been a better deal unless it was a large difference in cost.
Their cover seems to just be the best.