Back pain sucks a$$

gstephen70

Reaction score
Visit site
Doc told me I'd be pain free. That was over a month ago. Gave me these powerful painkiller which leave me sitting on the couch all day. I gained 40 pounds waiting for the surgery and I am now starting to lose it. Still look funny zipped up in my Vanson. HeHe. Anyway, I woke up at 2pm, took a pill, and these damn things I swear keep me awake.

I wanna shoot my doctor. JK, in case LE trolls these boards at 3am.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I know exactly what your talking about, I have Degenerative disk disorder, and i ruptured a disk back in 07, I know they can help but just be careful with your meds. I started getting addicted to them, and it's almost like my doctor could care less, so one day I just quit going to see him, stopped taking the meds, and just delt with it. The following week was the worst I felt like I was going to die, but I got over it fairly quickly and a few months after I stopped seeing the dr my back stopped bothering me, and I haven't looked back. Every once in a while I wake up with some sharp pains but I can change my sleeping position and it helps. I know everybody's situation is different, but just be careful...

gstephen70

Reaction score
Visit site
I know exactly what your talking about, I have Degenerative disk disorder, and i ruptured a disk back in 07, I know they can help but just be careful with your meds. I started getting addicted to them, and it's almost like my doctor could care less, so one day I just quit going to see him, stopped taking the meds, and just delt with it. The following week was the worst I felt like I was going to die, but I got over it fairly quickly and a few months after I stopped seeing the dr my back stopped bothering me, and I haven't looked back. Every once in a while I wake up with some sharp pains but I can change my sleeping position and it helps. I know everybody's situation is different, but just be careful...

That's just it. I've got arthritis, a pinched sciatic nerve b/w L4 L5 and the way the doc descrbed it, I have no more gushy stuff b/w my L4 L5 disc. He suggested disk surgery. Problem with the pain pills is that they don't work any longer. I've been on them over 2 years. I actually function perfectly normal and can't remember the last time I felt a buzz at all. I just want to be pain free. In my younger years, I rode dirt, waves, and black diamonds. I was hit by a car in the late 90's and this is when it all started.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, they said I have nerve root hole blockage, which the way they described it is what happens before the nerve gets pinched, I'm 24 going on 25 so I guess I was around 20 when all that started for me, they wanted to do surgery but I said no way! My line of thought on that was I'm way to young and if something goes wrong I'll have to live with it the rest of my life. Pretty much everyone on my moms side of the family has DDD so it seems like its a genetic thing, even my little sister is already having back problems and she is 16 and it started when she was 14! Sounds like your back is far worse then mine, and it also sounds like a very similar situation my mom has. She just had back surgery about 2 months ago, they went in through her stomach, pretty much pushed her guts to the side and inserted a artificial disk in between 2 of her vertebra. The disk had been gone for so long that the bones actually started to fuse together and they had to break them apart to insert the disk. She almost messed it up though because about 2 weeks after the surgery she was trying to do stuff around the house, like moving furniture and yard work, stuff she really did not need to be doing but they had her on some really strong pain killers and she felt fine until the next morning. We along with the surgeon finally convinced her to just take it easy and do nothing so everything could heal up properly and she is doing much better now. So I hope everything goes well for you too!! And make sure you do as the doc says and don't over do it afterwards.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Back pain / back problems are notoriously difficult to cure. Often surgery is the last resort and as such does not come without risks. The surgery will cause new trauma which will take time to heal.
Good luck

Nelly