Best 3 Season Motorcycle Jacket?

Doug

Reaction score
Visit site
What's the "best" 3 season motorcycle jacket out there? I like leather but would look at a good textile jacket also.

I just recently got this jacket:
Tour Master Intake Air Series 2 Motorcycle Jacket :: New Enough
Came with the FZ6 i bought, but it fits perfect. I was looking for a used motorcycle jacket for a long time but every one i tried on didnt fit right (I'm 6'1" 185lb). This one fits great though its an XL.

It's got the outer mesh layer with padding, then a removable wind/water proof layer, then another removable layer for insulation. It's pretty great and looks good too. Im excited to start wearing it more as the weather drops. :rockon:

There are many jackets with good armor, abrasion resistance and venting. Of the well made jackets, the one that fits you the best is the best. The Scorpion Strike fits my 5'10" 155 pound body.

Frank Thomas XTi Xtreme Sport or Full Force Advance (serious 3-season touring). I've also heard that the Joe Rocket Ballistic 8.0 is a great 3-season jacket.

Came with the FZ6 i bought, but it fits perfect. I was looking for a used motorcycle jacket for a long time but every one i tried on didnt fit right (I'm 6'1" 185lb). This one fits great though its an XL.

It's got the outer mesh layer with padding, then a removable wind/water proof layer, then another removable layer for insulation. It's pretty great and looks good too. Im excited to start wearing it more as the weather drops. :rockon:
That was my original jacket too, I now have a Firstgear Rush jacket, which I had to buy in a bright color to ride on a military base (Tourmaster didn't offer that three years ago). I'll compare those two:
Tourmaster: Fits me perfectly (I'm 6'5") and looks great. Not quite as well-made as the Firstgear (velcro wore out right away), but it does have the additional layer which is good for multi-season use.
Firstgear: Much better made. Good quality Velcro. Sleeves are kinda short on me (I got weird tan lines!) Only a single air-blocking liner, no insulation, but actually pulling on a fleece sweater (which can be worn in the morning and left off going home) is easier than pulling the third "built-in" layer in and out.
(My "fourth-season" coat, a Firstgear Kilimanjaro, I can't say enough good things about, but it's definitely a one-season (cold) coat...)

Haha wow you too? When I bought my bike the guy gave me the same exact jacket! In black i used it to ride to work and my nice and fresh Aplinestar jacket for joy rides:rockon:

I have the rev-it dragon (in red), here's a review.

It's got a seperate waterproof and winter liner and vents (for summer use) so it is versatile. My biggest critisism is that with the winter liner removed the water proof liner (which I need a lot in Holland) tends to be a bit sticky, and as this liner can be used seperately as a waterproof jacket it is attatched with a short zip. When putting on too quickly it can bunch up easily so you have to be careful, as I ride most days this can become annoying.

The jacket is not waterproof without the liner and in heavy rain the jacket gets quite heavy and wet, I have to be careful how I wear my (waterproof) gloves as the cuffs can get really wet too.

In the winter the sleeves are actually colder than many jackets I have tried (maybe due to the (closed) vents on the arm) but nothing a warm shirt can't deal with.

Don't get me wrong it is a decent jacket and at a reasonable price, but I think if I bought another jacket it will not have a seperate water proof liner (even though this is cooler in the summer, with liner removed).

Last edited:
Back