MackenzieHailey

Reaction score
Visit site
I may sound like a wimp but I'm having some issue with my ears whenever I ride for a long time. I'm hearing some ringing sometimes and sometimes I don't. I did some research and I found out that this may be a an early sign of tinnitus. I already tried some generic plugs and got my ear canal inflamed because of it.

If you guys have any suggestions on what brand or kind of hearing protection I should use feel free to answer.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I always use ear protection. Especially with the use of full face helmets although safer, produces more low range booming type noise that can contribute to hearing loss. this is the type of noise you wouldn't necessarily be bothered by but can damage hearing. I use common foam ear plugs - they are cheap and work well. You may have to try a few to find which one fit best.
I seem to have a wide ear canal so I use these. they offer maximum 33 decibel reduction - Howard Leight MAX-1 Foam Ear plugs Uncorded NRR33

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a wimp... riding with earplugs is amazing. I find it much more relaxing. I just use the foam ones you spin in your fingers to compress first.

jdmlude

Reaction score
Visit site
I always use ear protection. Especially with the use of full face helmets although safer, produces more low range booming type noise that can contribute to hearing loss. this is the type of noise you wouldn't necessarily be bothered by but can damage hearing. I use common foam ear plugs - they are cheap and work well. You may have to try a few to find which one fit best.
I seem to have a wide ear canal so I use these. they offer maximum 33 decibel reduction - Howard Leight MAX-1 Foam Ear plugs Uncorded NRR33

I've been using these HL for as years. It may not be the softest in the ear canals but they seal extremely well and block sound better than any other foam ones I've tried. It's one of the highest rated NRR too.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site