Bike ramp for truck

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 4 wheel drive 06 F150 which seems to have a fairly high tail-gate and I have been looking at a way of transporting my FZ. I just can't afford a trailer right now but with my bed height I'm a little reluctant to use ramps. But I think I may bite the bullet this weekend and get an ATV ramp at Northern Tool which is just down the road. The wide ramp seems the way to go. I have it narrowed down to this. I was wondering what you might think?

Five Star Bi-Fold Aluminum ATV Ramp — 72In.L x 40In.W, 1000-Lb. Load Capacity, Model# 400 | Folding Ramps | Northern Tool + Equipment

Thanks

Sqrly

Reaction score
Visit site
I like it. But I've been using a single lawnmower ramp for years. Now that I look at the one you posted, I'm a little worried to use mine anymore.:eek:

J

jsteinb95

I don't know why you wouldn't buy one.....you could totally ride your bike up that thing and you have a 1000 lb load capacity!

We use a dirtbike ramp :scared: and the back tire hangs over the ramp and of course I have to guide the tires while sportrider is pushing the bike up onto the truck and I know I will die if I mis-judge! We have to back the truck up until the back tires hit the approach of the driveway, otherwise the bike high-centers!

sjk625

Reaction score
Visit site
As long as you have a hitch already, I've seen motorcycle trailers for around the same price on ebay and other online retailers. If not, or you'd rather not spend money on getting plates and registration for it, than that ramp is more than sufficient. I've loaded my friends ZX6R into his van using a piece of wood smaller than the rear tire.

S

sportrider

it's not that hard, I'd recommend having someone help you until you get used to doing it. a good thing about the FZ6 is it has no lower fairing to crack if the angle of the ramp is too steep and it high centers. my truck is a 06 F-150 2wd a 4x4 sits a few inches higher. the longer the ramp the easier it is. I use the engine on the bike to pull it up the ramp and gravity to help unload it.

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like it will get the job done. I have always been reluctant when loading my bike onto a truck, I always try to find an elevated spot (aka a hill) to back up to and lower the angle a bit.

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know why you wouldn't buy one.....you could totally ride your bike up that thing and you have a 1000 lb load capacity!

We use a dirtbike ramp :scared: and the back tire hangs over the ramp and of course I have to guide the tires while sportrider is pushing the bike up onto the truck and I know I will die if I mis-judge! We have to back the truck up until the back tires hit the approach of the driveway, otherwise the bike high-centers!

that is our story exactly:rockon:

Bill3508

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been thinking about this also. My solution is to find a decent downgrade and and park the truck and then set your ramps out. That way the ramp is not a such a steep uphill angle and its much easier to drive it into the bed. Only problem is you need 2 people, one for the truck, one for bike.

Bill3508