Bike went on the dyno yesterday

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you! It's interesting to see the A/F ratio stay basically the same, despite the weird dips and leveling off throughout the powerband.

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting, always nice to see dyno sheets, kinda nice to see what stock bikes have in the way of power.:thumbup:

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Never seen one before excuse my ignorance but what is A/F 1?

Remind me- BHP is what everybody quotes and is the mines bigger than yours scenario but isnt it torque that drives you forward? seems the torque is pretty steady across the range.

Well anyway- I have a stock one and I am happy with the power and ull of my little baby

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a/f = air fuel ratio...

have always wondered how much tq i was using since half the time i dont really rev that high.. thanks for ths graphs

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I am confused by the second graph. Since it is based on speed I guess the dips are the shift points. But why is the torque so much higher, about 58 ft/lb vs 46 on the first graph? Isn't 46 near normal for a stock bike?

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the second graph is of the bike running through all the gears on the dyno. the numbers will skew on the high side due to the shifting through the gears which will give a false high on the torque and hp numbers.

i will be installing my innovate lc1 wideband on my bike and datalogging it so i can tune it myself then i will jump on the dyno to fine tune. i have done that with all my cars and it works out great. i did that for my srt6 this past fall to customize my tune for the meth, nitrous and 19psi boost with the supercharger. it runs perfect with that setup.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am surprised how linear the torque curve is...I always thought there was hardly much torque below 3500-4000 rpm.

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe this explains why people who have changed the gearing always rave on how much of a difference it makes. The torque is there, it just needs to be accessed. I think I'll for go a 15T front sprocket this summer.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The 15 tooth is great. The front end is definitely a lot lighter. Alot better riding around town for me as far as shifting points due to speed limits. You do loose a bit on the top end however. I thought the HP was supposed to be 90+ HP stock. I know it depends on what version and country the FZ6 is from I suppose. In April I am going to have mine dynoed as am curious myself.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone have a tuned a/f ratio graph they can post up. I would assume it would be around the 13.3 or 13.5:1 range for best power

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
Can i safely said that the stock on FZ6 S2 is slightly on the rich side?What i gathered from the map is that is slightly since it stay below the 13:1 ratio for the entire range

Last edited:

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Now I'm thinking of getting an Akrapovic. Then I could also do an after run. :)
They told me that the akra's don't loose much power with the db-killers. Let's find out... :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As the name of this tread tells it all. I wanted to show you the dynograph of my completely stock fz6.:)

Just curious, did the dyno operator say anything informative about the A/F dropping out of 14:1 range?

I can understand it richening the mix to some extent but that seems excessive. Did you by chance get a steady state cruise A/F you could post?

For those of you wondering about MPG and why it drops; laying into the gas obliviously kills the FZ mpg!

a quick read:
Air-fuel ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia