BMW prototype spotted, Sport/tourer with S1000R engine

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Came across this story on the visordown website, a new sport/tourer for BMW.

I must admit I came across some drawings about a week ago and I thought it looked a bit like the FZ6.

bmw_s1000f.jpg

But the pic in this story definately shows that it's a bit more an allroad design (not unlike the Triumph Tiger)

copyrightimage.gif

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you follow BMW design at all, you'll notice, over time, their tendng to shy away from the old school design.

Cantilever front ends going away for "standard" forks, drive shafts, (more so for the smaller bikes-under 800cc) are going away for chains and belt drives, some opposed twins, went to "Wet heads"- water cooled heads on some of the boxer engines GSWater

ie, the F800 Grand Sport-chain drive, Grand Touring-belt drive, both standard forks:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Double click to enlarge:

Last edited:

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
7wK1nnm.jpg

I must say I like the look of it in the spy photo. I am a bit of a bmw fan boy though. I have a good friend who is about to put a deposit on a S1000R naked bike and I think this might throw a spanner in the works.

Alot of these style bikes look similar untill you line them up. That's my baby on the end.

AeTLvzW.jpg

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been working with two F800's, one being a Grand Sport, the other Grand Tourer, both the same year (making helmet lock brackets).

As you can see by the close up pictures below, they are very different. The area of the pic's is what I needed for my work. Notice chain drive vs belt, rectangular frame vs round frame, different frame, many differences for a slightly different model.

First pic is the Touring, #2 the Sport. Got one designed/made for the Touring bike.

The Sport, the owner wants to wait, just made him one for a water head GSW1200-pic #3

Glad BMW doesn't inclue helmet locks, keeps me busy!!! Pic #4 is for a S1000RR

Last edited: