Bought another bike

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted something to beat around in the woods on so I picked this up on sunday. Sorry for the terrible pics, the first ones of the bike when I picked it up with the Miami Vice color theme is with a cell phone and the second set minus the goofy decals is after dark lol.

This thing is really light, 35" seat height so plenty of clearance. I ordered a +3 tooth rear sprocket and will be replacing the rear signal lights, making a rear rack and a few other simple mods. The tires on it kick @ss in the mud.

miami vice:
0bd9d12f.jpg

dirt bike:
DR1.jpg

DR2.jpg

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like a ton of fun! I agree it looks like a dirt bike after tackiness removal..I'll bet you'll wheelie enjoy it!

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah i did not want to get a nice shinney new one that woud be too pretty to get dirty lol

i can not wait to lower the gearing on it, this thing is a 6 speed so it does well on the highway too.

i may go for one of these adventure riders decals:

ab2def23.jpg

254515c3.jpg

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah i did not want to get a nice shinney new one that woud be too pretty to get dirty lol

i can not wait to lower the gearing on it, this thing is a 6 speed so it does well on the highway too.

i may go for one of these adventure riders decals:

ab2def23.jpg

254515c3.jpg

Exclamation mark makes it seem cooler.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had it 2up in mud/water up to the gas tank last night and everything went well lol.

Pics with the "luggage" and my custom seat mod lol: piece of plywood, some velcro and a cut up computer keyboard wrist pad= extended seat. Then slap on a walmart ATV seat cover and there you go. Saves me $300 on a extended seat (for more room 2 up)

cfb32d5f.jpg

ef5b3c9d-1.jpg

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
built a custom rack for it this evening so i can carry a spare 1.5L fuel cell and then some small luggage.

i changed my 43 tooth sprocket for a 46 tooth and I just made a rack for the bike for around $10.00, it feels really solid. I am going to add 1 more L bracket and a few washers then it will be done:

700f96d8.jpg

f731044e.jpg

16ab114e.jpg

MagicMANX

Reaction score
Visit site
nice engineering there lol, its looking nice!

How is the experience on dirt ?? any other mods coming to this bike ??

Cheers and drive safely

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice engineering there lol, its looking nice!

How is the experience on dirt ?? any other mods coming to this bike ??

Cheers and drive safely

it is a blast, we took it out for about 5 hours today and I had the fz6 out yesterday for a few hundred miles, it was crazy hot out the last few days but I have had a great time riding both.

I bought a $7.00 crate to stick on the pvc rack and it is really sturdy, the rack had around 20lbs on it today and survived being bounced around in the dirt just fine:

4a38ba16.jpg

60d423c7.jpg

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
after a little tip over from trying to climb too steep of a rocky slick hill I cracked the crate (the rack survived no prob) so I switched to something a little nicer:

(yes the rack is bolted down, the zip tie is just there to keep down the vibration when jumping over rocks, etc)

c6df107d.jpg

bb00afca.jpg

835e80dd.jpg

c5e6ef9e.jpg

d7a7bfb2.jpg

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
funny bike crash a few weekends ago. We went down a trail way too steep that was covered in moss covered rocks, sticks and small loose rocks. It made for a funny video lol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUalDnMXvCc]YouTube - ‪Funny New River crash‬‏[/ame]

and a few gopro hd panoroamic pics before the crash

d6b533b9.jpg

3dee0130.jpg

c27ab39c.jpg