Break-In after First Service

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
So I had the 600mi service this weekend, I'm wondering if I'm good to ride somewhat normally now? I have been following the dealer's/manual's advice, keeping sustained operation under 6k and moving between RPMs and gears as much as possible.

Manual says to keep it under 8400 still, but can I stop shifting all crazy and varying my RPMs? Thanks!

Observation I had that isn't worthy of a new thread: people pull over a lot for me... But I'm not tailgating. Is that normal, is the lowbeam really that bright?

Torquemata

Reaction score
Visit site
... I have been following the dealer's/manual's advice, keeping sustained operation under 6k and moving between RPMs and gears as much as possible.

Manual says to keep it under 8400 still, but can I stop shifting all crazy and varying my RPMs? Thanks!

I have a 2009 FZ6 and ask myself related questions now that I'm at 350 km/217 miles: should I observe what the manual says about breaking in, or should I, according to the local dealer's mechanic and an extreme-style rider friend of mine, break in at full throttle or else the engine will become wimpy?

-- Torque