Cameras for Bike Safety/ Theft

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

Been wondering what type of cameras that you guys are using. Currently, I'm using a China brand, Dazzne P2 camera (Basic entry level sports camera) for daily feed on the streets for insurance. It has a mic pod but probably its a bluff as alotta ppl commented it can't record via mic. Other than that was quite happy with its video and camera quality and up to 1080p30 plus the battery (1 hr 40 mins max). Wanted to get the GoPro but heard the battery is guzzling fast.

download.jpg

By far, I mounted on my helmet and side of my bike before for daily commuting. But also looking for ways to mount it on my bike for bike security. Share your thoughts! :rockon:

Last edited:

JJS209

Rider / Mechanic
Reaction score
fz6-fazer.gp-bikes.de
bought a gopro 4 session two weeks ago and now i commute everyday with the gopro to work and back.

the reason was/is safety. there are so many stupid and dangerous drivers. and there is always "one" of them that is tyring to kill me every single day!
i need to have a videoproof in case of an accident or things like that. for the police, the insurance and last but not least in worst case for my familiy.
people are dishonest and lie just for nothing, even if they nearly killed you!

on the other hand it keeps me calm while riding and confrontations, cause i record myself too ;)

3iron

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I use a Drift Ghost-S mounted on helmet which is good quality in the day. At night its a little grainy but does the job. Started using it for the same reason. Battery wise it uses two of three bars after about 2 hours constant recording.

Like the idea of GPS transmitter with alarm..

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
For security many people use a GPS transmiter with alarm, in case of theft it will send you an SMS with the GPS coordinates of your motorcycle.

"V"

Nice, any brand you are using particularly.

One battery of the camera lasts about 1 hr 30-40 min each for mine. But that have to undergo numerous charge cycle to gain that long period as advise by the support team online.

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
Around here some people use some of those that cost less than € 100,00 , but the best are something like the Scorpio Ride Core Cellular Motorcycle Alarm / GPS Tracking System, it's more expensive, but I think it's worth it.

"V"