Caution on these frame sliders

R&G racing make quality crash bungs but at a price

I had the motrax DHM bungs on my SV1000 I think they were the only part of the bike to survive:spank:

You also get a nice jelly type sticker with them with the message

DOUBLE HARD B******D:cheer:

You can just see it on the subframe of my track bike

newseatgsx1400ericstrackday01040600.jpg

Nelly:

Sorry about your experience. If it is any consolation, I bought some cheep ones on ebay, they looked good, and I kept them on for a number of months, but I just did not feel comfortable with them so I too them off. The look alot like yours but with FZ6 stenciled on them. I also had a problem with torqueing them, it felt mushy so I stopped cause I thought I was going to strip something.

Anyway, when I took them off, the right side bolt was starting to corrode due to trapped water when it rained, so I was glad I took it off.

I'm looking for a quality set this time, and I've seen some with an O-ring on the bolt, I assume to keep the rain water from rusting the treads. Though next time I will use some anti-cease lube to prevent corrosion.

Good luck in finding a good replacement, I will be looking for member suggestions also.

ive had these exact ones for about 2-3 months and also the fork sliders..as has been said previously,they are very light and brittle feeling ..i have no faith in these at all,only buying them as a visual enhancment..my other love is modding my car and learnt a long time ago that putting price before performance can be catastophic..once my disposable income has replenished these small but important details will get my attention

Got R&G on mine and happy with the fit and quality.

Nelly, did you get your money back?
Yep, I got a full no questions asked refund. It seems that e-bay sellers are taking the rep thing very seriously now.
They did not request the defunct ones back so I still have one decent one. If anyone wants [ for free] it PM me.
I have got Puig sliders on it now.
For those of you in the UK check out the M&P on line web page. There are some good brands in theres.

Nelly

Back