Caution: These pictures my turn your stomach (safe for work)

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We had a holiday in Canada back in '99 and when we watched the weather forecast to see how the driving would be ,they kept saying \"flurries\" took me 2 weeks to work out what that ment :rolleyes:

LOL I'm still not sure what the difference in between ice rain, freezing rain, ice pellets and sleet. But they can call for all 4 of them in a 12 hour period.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, thats snow.:eek: This sucks!!! But at least it is supposed to be 14c on Friday, so I am going to ride ALL day before Fizz goes into storage on Friday night.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
If ppl here in South Carolina was to see that the grocery stores would be empty, there would be riots, screaming up and down the streets, cars running off the roads and creaming into houses and power poles etc etc etc lol

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If ppl here in South Carolina was to see that the grocery stores would be empty, there would be riots, screaming up and down the streets, cars running off the roads and creaming into houses and power poles etc etc etc lol

LOL thats funny, but I know its true. friend of ours from Boston told us that the airport closed down and stores were all closed because they got 2 inches of snow!

In Feb 2007 we got snowed in for 9 days, 6 of them without power. My kids went to school a total of 4 days that month. And they don't cancel the buses unless it is icy or over a foot and a half of NEW snow.

Nice thing about where we live is after about 7 days of being snowed in, we ran out of staples. (bread, milk, cereal etc) Our neighbour came over to see how we were doing and brought over about 3 bags of groceries. They said they figured we would need some things because we were new up here and probably didn't realize that you need to stock pile food for at LEAST 3 weeks in case of that exact situation.:eek:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How far out of town are you Steph ,3 weeks of food ,WOW !

I am about 45 minutes from any town that has a grocery store. But that really isn't the problem. We live really close to Lake Huron and the winds that come off that lake are insane. The drifts that pile up on the road can grow to 3 feet in about an hour. They have to close the roads all the time. And the roads that do get closed are the ones that lead from our house to a city. The only way to get anywhere when the roads are closed is to own a snowmobile.
There is a saying that the OLD folks have around here...the snow isn't bad if it would stay where God put it. It just blows around, you can have a field that is bare of snow then along the fence line it is 10 feet deep.

On a side note....the Nuke plant here has parking stickers for SNOWMOBILES!! I thought that was hilarious when I moved up here...til I realized that it is a reality, not silliness.

Update: this is Fizz this morning, apparently the cover blew off over night
attachment.php

Last edited:
T

TheVmaxrider

Steph,

You should have held off on that pic until the next B.O.M. competition:D

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL thats funny, but I know its true. friend of ours from Boston told us that the airport closed down and stores were all closed because they got 2 inches of snow!

In Feb 2007 we got snowed in for 9 days, 6 of them without power. My kids went to school a total of 4 days that month. And they don't cancel the buses unless it is icy or over a foot and a half of NEW snow.

Nice thing about where we live is after about 7 days of being snowed in, we ran out of staples. (bread, milk, cereal etc) Our neighbour came over to see how we were doing and brought over about 3 bags of groceries. They said they figured we would need some things because we were new up here and probably didn't realize that you need to stock pile food for at LEAST 3 weeks in case of that exact situation.:eek:

ha...Lubbock pretty much closes schools and businesses if it gets below freezing haha...not even kidding really though...last winter it dropped to like 20F and they were expecting 1/2in of snow or somthing like that so they cancelled school the night before

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I need any major snow to hold off for another month, until I close on my house, then I can move my bike to the garage. Fortunately, I only need to get about a mile down the road.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Those pictures are clearly fake!! It doesn't snow in October. Some people will believe anything. 6 degrees above freezing this morning and I'm still riding in my mesh jacket

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Those pictures are clearly fake!! It doesn't snow in October. Some people will believe anything. 6 degrees above freezing this morning and I'm still riding in my mesh jacket

I've gone trick-or-treating in a snowstorm before. There was so much snow on the ground, I could have ridden my snowmobile from house to house.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

:rof: If these are fake then I am completely nutz! I can't think of any biker that would actually dream up SNOW on their bike lol

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: If these are fake then I am completely nutz! I can't think of any biker that would actually dream up SNOW on their bike lol

December's BOTM contest is coming up and I was going to do snow and xmas trees and such but clearly you have ruined it!!! Now I will just have to figure something else out.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geeze guys , I guess we are pretty spoiled here ,we get nothing like that .We don't even get much rain ,let alone snow,our average for september is 62 mm we had 16 !

October isn't going to be much better,bit of a worry actually.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I am about 45 minutes from any town that has a grocery store. But that really isn't the problem. We live really close to Lake Huron and the winds that come off that lake are insane. The drifts that pile up on the road can grow to 3 feet in about an hour. They have to close the roads all the time. And the roads that do get closed are the ones that lead from our house to a city. The only way to get anywhere when the roads are closed is to own a snowmobile.
There is a saying that the OLD folks have around here...the snow isn't bad if it would stay where God put it. It just blows around, you can have a field that is bare of snow then along the fence line it is 10 feet deep.

On a side note....the Nuke plant here has parking stickers for SNOWMOBILES!! I thought that was hilarious when I moved up here...til I realized that it is a reality, not silliness.

Update: this is Fizz this morning, apparently the cover blew off over night
attachment.php

Reminds me of winter at our house a couple years ago (before Rob got the FZ and when we had a roommate with a CBR)

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have only seen it snow twice here in texas. The first time was in 1988 or 89 then in 04 it snowed on christmas eve.:thumbup: