CBR 600F4i - It Lives!

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Volume warning! Check it out dudes!

[video=youtube;Be62R1mTJPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be62R1mTJPg[/video]

Valve adjustment, CCT fixed up so it isn't spewing oil, 9/10ths of the hoses replaced, and TBs synced up nicely! Ready to ride once I get it a safety for it, and fix up the tank mounting bolts!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks/sounds good but is the idle a little high? Sync looks super close (if not dead on @ idle)

Also, you might try fine tune/resyncing at 4k, It'll help get rid of some of the vib's up to about 4k and still keep the idle sync within spec...

Just a thought...

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks/sounds good but is the idle a little high? Sync looks super close (if not dead on @ idle)

Also, you might try fine tune/resyncing at 4k, It'll help get rid of some of the vib's up to about 4k and still keep the idle sync within spec...

Just a thought...

According to the manual, 1300RPM +- 100. It was at around 1400 or so after I played with the adjustment a bit (and also had a slightly smoother idle as opposed to flat 1300). Going to ride the bike for real in the near future, and then adjust the idle once it's been warmed up properly. Plugs and **** are kind of gummy from being idled all the time.

You'd be surprised actually, at how spot on they held at 4000 RPM. I did (not in the video; that was a little flick for fun) hold it steady there and they were almost totally level! I remembered reading to do that here ;)

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, sounds good and agreed, after a nice ride, get it to temp, and fine tune.

Just as a side note, I keep my idle below the recommended 1,300 RPM down to about 1,050. Less mirror vib's, more engine braking, etc.

I'm kinda used to hearing the lower idle so that's probably what I'm hearing too...

PS. that Carb Tune is pretty sweet / easy to use isn't it... I really like mine...

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, sounds good and agreed, after a nice ride, get it to temp, and fine tune.

Just as a side note, I keep my idle below the recommended 1,300 RPM down to about 1,050. Less mirror vib's, more engine braking, etc.

I'm kinda used to hearing the lower idle so that's probably what I'm hearing too...

PS. that Carb Tune is pretty sweet / easy to use isn't it... I really like mine...

I might give lower idle a try, such as 1200. I'm going to save any super fine tuning of course for when I've had a proper chance to put the bike through its paces and blow the cobwebs out. Being used to a low idle would definitely make anything more traditional sound fast! Should see it when it high idles to 3000 though!

Having had the chance to use the carb tune tool, it worked beautifully. I just made up the restrictors and various lines, had a HELL of a time attaching the #2 Cylinder TB line (Only a 2-3 inch hose, under the airbox and behind a whole whack of wires) and went from there. I'm actually glad I put out a bit of cash for it, since it's a really nice product which I'll have for a long time.