Change radiator fluid

pedrolima88

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys,
I bought 2 L of motul motocool to change of my fz6-S.

But I look a video from youtube, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyFvLbepkI0]Coolant Flush-GSXR600 K8 - YouTube[/ame] , yes I know is not a fz6, but have a valve to remove air form system after you change the fluid.

On fz6, we dont have this valve to remove air from the system.

http://img29.xooimage.com/files/d/4/7/sp_a0192-310835.jpg

Look this picture, dont have screw to remove air. Any sugestions? Need remove air?

With 2 L can I change? I read on wikipedia and see this:

Radiator capacity (including all routes) - 2.00 l (2.11 US qt)
Radiator capacity - 0.60 l (0.63 US qt)
Coolant reservoir capacity (up to the maximum level mark) - 0.25 l (0.26 US qt)

I think with 2 L I can, but need more?

thanks!:BLAA:

Never removed air from system when I did it? Drained from lower drain plug, closed that up. Filled radiator from cap, then left cap open, turned on bike and filled while the coolant ran so I knew I topped system off. You might also have to fill the reservoir tank under the seat a little bit. No problems for about 1500 miles now and the bike stays nice and cool.

Leaving the radiator cap off while you burp the system should work

Yep. Just fill it to the top, leave the cap off, start the bike and let it run through. Any air will rise to the top and out the cap. It won't splash out unless you overfilled it(hard to do)

The bleeder valves are for high spots in the system like a low mounted radiator. or if a certain model has airlock issues like that one at the top of the water pump.

Yep. Just fill it to the top, leave the cap off, start the bike and let it run through. Any air will rise to the top and out the cap. It won't splash out unless you overfilled it(hard to do)

+1 on the above. I also take take it out for a good ride and let it cool down completely. I'll check and top off again if necessary.

Very thanks for reply sirs.

But how many litters I insert ? Have a mark on top radiador with limit ? Have a limit or the limit is 2 LT ?

thanks!

Very thanks for reply sirs.

But how many litters I insert ? Have a mark on top radiador with limit ? Have a limit or the limit is 2 LT ?

thanks!

My 2007 Yamaha shop manual states 2 liters for the radiator/engine, .6 liters for the overflow tank. Yours should be about the same...

Just fill the radiator to the top and the overflow tank to the top line of the tank... Any extra will flow back to the overflow tank.

Back