Chattering on take off

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
Today finaly had an empty enough tank to do my fuel pump. Took a few pictures. Was preaty clean all things considered. There was a tiny ball of gunk in there and the fuel that came out of the portionof the pump that looks like pressed card board was preaty dirty i strained the fuel threw a white cloth and the clear fuel came out rather yellow. The presure regulator seemed alright i ran a bit of fresh gas threw it to make sure it was ok.

Cleaned the gunk out strained the tank and took a picture to show the inside. Looks lile a tiny but oh rust where the top is but not really bad at all. Did find a few flecks of metal in there tho.

Put it all together primed the fuel system and it started up good. Sounded to run a little better and more stable. I left my bike at work will be putting a fresh batch of 91 shell gas in it tommorow with some fuel system cleaner and will see how that goes.

Will make a new running video soon the bike has been sounding better and better and less noisy the more i work on it. Going to open the head cover soon and check it all out but will buy a new cct first so i am not doing it twice. Waiting on a recall check to see if it needs amything done. If i am lucky it will have that cct recall amd have it all done for no cost lol

20190827_172425.jpg
20190827_172340.jpg

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
Its been a while since i posted. But been busy with work and no money to put into the bike for a while. I finally got to doing a full oil change on the bike and switched it from i am guessing stock oem oil to AMSOIL. with a Chrome K&N Oil filter with a 17 head mounted onto it to make changing oil easier. Bike no longer has any more clickity click in the head, clutch and gear shifts smoother then butter, and it runs 100% more smoothly. Sorry for the poor quality of the sound but i recorded a new video of it running.

[video=youtube_share;Dedqv_GKUGE]https://youtu.be/Dedqv_GKUGE[/video]

Since i was in there I grabbed the degreaser and cleaned out every speck of tar i could, as well as cleaned the grease off my wheels rim and recleaned the chain since it won't be replaced this year but will be done over the winter. A before and after of the sprocket cover. 20191001_200523.jpgDSC03939.jpg

This all said and done. I think i have finally got it back to an agreeable condition that i feel more confident about taking it for a good drive. Tho I do still have to do all my bearings and redo the fork oil, but think ill do it all during the snow weather. Ill be repainting the bikes painted parts as well as repairing my front cowling. the damage was not as bad as it looked but it will require a fair amount of hard work to repair. Ill be painting the bike a medium Matte Green when i am done which i think will look much better then the kinda hard to look at red on it now.

Thanks to all that helped me along the way. and if there is anything else i may have missed or do ill post it up here.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good on all the work you've done. I'm still hearing what sounds like cam chain noise.

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea thats the chain and sprockets. Its all original and it gets a bit noisy. It is way more quite now with barely any chatter at all. I need to go for a bit of a drive the next time i get on my bike and break the oil in. All i had the time for last night was a short jaunt down the side street at my work to test the shifting out. It used to just thunk into hear now it shifts smoothly and no thunking lol. I will during the winter crack the head open tho and check things out but i am perfectly content with the way it is now. I am willing to bet there is a little damage in the head from when it was serviced in the states with the wrong oil and it may have worn the chain followers out a little. I had the bike in gear on the center stand when i made the video hehe. Mid way i shifted it back to neutral.

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
Lol ok i take it back still a bit of chatter there but not as worrisome as before. So yea during the winter ill take it apart and get her all back to spec. Hopefully shouldnt be to bad i may have to put in a new cct but hey if it needs it ill do it lol.