Cheap aftermarket Exhaust

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Im well and truley fed up with how quiet the stock exhaust is on the Fazer and i want more grunt. But im not willingt o pay £350 for 2 cans, rubbish value for money as far as im concerned.

So basically are there any cheaper alternatives to scorpions etc? If not i will just have to keep an eye out for a second hand set.

UK retailers btw.

Cheers, Dave

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Im well and truley fed up with how quiet the stock exhaust is on the Fazer and i want more grunt. But im not willingt o pay £350 for 2 cans, rubbish value for money as far as im concerned.

So basically are there any cheaper alternatives to scorpions etc? If not i will just have to keep an eye out for a second hand set.

UK retailers btw.

Cheers, Dave

Best move I ever made when I fitted the Scorpions, agree with you stock exhausts are so quite no one knows that you are there. Also got to agree they can be pricey paid around £320 for mine, only because I hesitated when a pair came up on e-bay at a cracking price.

Keep em peeled on e-bay couple of weeks ago there were a pair of Devil cans which went for a good price.

ghostrider951

Reaction score
Visit site
i just bought leo vince pipes for my bike, and it is so bad ass! you should just save your money, with the stock exhaust , when i would rev to 7+rpm the bike would vibrate really hard, and i would have to shift gears to smooth it out, not i can freely rev all the way up the rpms before i shift and it feels smooth, and now hitting the powerband on the bike is so much easier and is awesome, definitely worth the money

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep wanting to change my bike to something faster, but i know deep down if i had exhausts on this one i would keep it alot longer.

Sod it....Credit card haha

tigerexhaust

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Check out Tiger Exhaust

For fz6 there is Dual RS-800 which is carbon fiber and the packing is heat shielded meaning that they use a heat shielded layer preventing the exhaust can to get hot and the sound is very deep.Check their ebay shop tigerexhaustsystems for their feedback.Their a Turkish Manufacturer and the price for rs-800 dual carbon fiber is 600 USD including shipping.If you want cheaper there is Stainless body with Carbon Cap for 500 USD.

Its simply the best deal.

contact them from their ebay shop or [email protected]

Their new online shop site is coming up very soon.

UK retailers btw.

Cheers, Dave

Pre-emptive Exit

Reaction score
Visit site
i just bought leo vince pipes for my bike, and it is so bad ass! you should just save your money, with the stock exhaust , when i would rev to 7+rpm the bike would vibrate really hard, and i would have to shift gears to smooth it out, not i can freely rev all the way up the rpms before i shift and it feels smooth, and now hitting the powerband on the bike is so much easier and is awesome, definitely worth the money

Old post I know, but we get very little on the UK forum.
That sounds more like a placebo effect to me, logically why should the exhaust have changed that? I can't figure that out

Y

yourebarred

I can't find any for less than £300 here, so going to start saving up. Need to decide between the SP Engineering and the Beowulf I think. I'd rather buy British.

Pagey

Tiger Boy
Reaction score
Visit site
Best mod I have done so far was the exhaust. I bit the bullet and shelled out for a pair of Scorps and don't regret it. They sound great with the DB killers in and amazing with them out.

Another worth while mod was the Speedohealer which calibrates the speedo as the factory settings are way out.

Another plus was the MRA screen, tail tidy and BD43's headlight mod (simple but effective wire harness which switches on the other headlight) and of course heated grips !!!!

Gonna be an expensive hobby lol

:Sport:

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Best mod I have done so far was the exhaust. I bit the bullet and shelled out for a pair of Scorps and don't regret it. They sound great with the DB killers in and amazing with them out.

Another worth while mod was the Speedohealer which calibrates the speedo as the factory settings are way out.

Another plus was the MRA screen, tail tidy and BD43's headlight mod (simple but effective wire harness which switches on the other headlight) and of course heated grips !!!!

Gonna be an expensive hobby lol

:Sport:

Pictures please! ;)

cupcake

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a set of brand new Delkevics for mine - £249 including delivery. Did a Youtube search and they seem to sound pretty alright :thumbup:

Had toyed with Dominators that I saw on Ebay - around the same price, but from Poland and although they sound nice (youtube again), there was one or two mentions of not quite fitting right straight out the box. So I avoided for peace of mind.

Not fitted the Delkevics yet - hopefully the weekend or next week

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Delkevics are nice and fairly easy to install, I have a set on my 2006 with
modified DB killers :thumbup:

Do you have Motorcycle Noise Limits in the UK ? (DB) decibels laws)
You will find the delkevics are pretty loud.

good luck and let us know how they turn out.. :cheer:

cupcake

Reaction score
Visit site
We do have noise level laws, but not many people stick to them.

My old Harley was louder than loud (even louder than most Harleys) and I never got in trouble. The cops just used to look at me and ignore me. I suppose you have to be pretty unlucky or really annoy the police to get stopped

Quite looking forward to getting them fitted now ;)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We do have noise level laws, but not many people stick to them.

My old Harley was louder than loud (even louder than most Harleys) and I never got in trouble. The cops just used to look at me and ignore me. I suppose you have to be pretty unlucky or really annoy the police to get stopped

Quite looking forward to getting them fitted now ;)

About ANY aftermarket pipes will make a big difference in how the bike feels and sounds.. Especially, once you hit the powerband!!

You do your own wrenching too?

cupcake

Reaction score
Visit site
About ANY aftermarket pipes will make a big difference in how the bike feels and sounds.. Especially, once you hit the powerband!!

You do your own wrenching too?

I do as much as I can. I did nearly all the work on my Mitsubishi offroader which I built up from a standard 4x4 (see my album) - with just some heavy muscle help and a bit of technical advice here and there from friends.

Oddly, I'm better at fixing big diesel 4x4s than I am motorbikes, but I'm not afraid to have a go. Nowadays I have a bad shoulder so I don't do as much as I used to - I am lucky to have help ;)

cupcake

Reaction score
Visit site
Delkevics are nice and fairly easy to install, I have a set on my 2006 with
modified DB killers :thumbup:

You will find the delkevics are pretty loud.

good luck and let us know how they turn out.. :cheer:

You're not kidding - they are a LOT louder than I expected. Kept checking to see if the dB killers were actually still fitted :D

Have to say I'm well happy with them - even drowned out the husband's V-twin Aprilia :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You're not kidding - they are a LOT louder than I expected. Kept checking to see if the dB killers were actually still fitted :D

Have to say I'm well happy with them - even drowned out the husband's V-twin Aprilia :thumbup:

When I put the DB killers in my Scorps, it sounded like the stock mufflers, sewing machine quiet. They didn't make it to the end of the driveway (and got sold).

Apparently, as posted above, their louder than the Scorps. Most of my around town riding is under 50, 55 MPH (or 4K RPM's) and the tone is deep and not terribly loud. Now, if you wind it up, everyone knows...

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk

Any chance you can take a photo of them fitted? Never heard of them before. :)