Clutch slave lever F/S

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
After my self made killernoodle clutch lever mod, i have some original spare parts left if anyone needs.

a_018.jpg

$25 shipped worldwide.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
How did the project turn out? I'm interested because I've considered doing the same thing. We've got dozens of machine shops here in Madison and I've been kicking around ideas of putting a hundred or so into production...

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice upgrade thanks to Killer.
It's been almost 2 years that i use this mod.
Just some simple welding for 10mm more arm length, not adjustable as Killer's but ok for me.

Some pictures.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
How did the project turn out? I'm interested because I've considered doing the same thing. We've got dozens of machine shops here in Madison and I've been kicking around ideas of putting a hundred or so into production...

I have the mod and love it. Just from browsing around this forum I can almost guarantee that if you do start up production you have many happy customers.:thumbup:

IMPY03

Reaction score
Visit site

Count me in as well, id love to have one!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I know that a mass production would be better but why don't you all try to do it by yourselves, you can find a welder around easily. Just extend the clutch arm 10mm and you'll be good. It's an easy job. :D

Xlrrp

Reaction score
Visit site
I may have to do that but right now it's a time management issue. At some point I will make it a priority.

Chris

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Still $25 shipped? I guess I'll take em' and bust out my MIG welder. Won't be sexy by any stretch of the imagination but then again, I haven't washed this bike since I bought it.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright Fazil, if you happen to see this, shoot me a message with your info in it. For some reason, the messaging system doesn't seem to be working for me.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Fabbed up my own today just for kicks. I can't believe that I didn't do this earlier. $1 of flat steel, a $.50 steel spacer, and a $1 stainless steel 1/4" pin... wow. Just wow. So smooth, so nice.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad you got the postage. Not very fast shipping but not too slow also:)
Any pictures of the slave lever process ?

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
No, I didn't photograph it. I just bought some a steel bar, traced out the lever arm +10mm - 12mm and cut it out with a saber saw and bench grinder. I ground off the extra bits from the spline nut on the bench grinder and cleaned it up with a dremel sanding drum. Used a cheap Harbor Freight welder to attach the lever arm. I was in and out during the process (helping family move) but actual time spent working was less than 2 hours.

Biggest PITA was freeing my mid-cable adjustment so I could tinker with it. The clutch feels so good now that I keep waiting for it to fail or something....