College kid looking or some new tricks.

MDManley10

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my stock red 07' Fz-6 for two months now and after reading the mods page of the forum its about time to do some myself. Im looking for ideas for some inexpensive mods for basically anything but preferably that are noninvasive (i.e. not hacking off large chunks of bike or sliceing wires) Let me know what you've done or whats on ur mind. Thanks and Gig Em'

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A 15T front sprocket is cheap and easy to swap out. It doesn't even require a new chain. And it will give you more zip. It will cost you a speedohealer though if you want an accurate speedo, but can be done without.

Flipping your washers around on your rearsets is free, completely reversible, and takes 5 minutes maximum. It makes the rearsets way more stable, I loved this mod.

BD43's headlight mod is nice at night.

Frame sliders are good insurance and have saved me lots of money on crashes/drops. Not too expensive either.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A 15T front sprocket is cheap and easy to swap out. It doesn't even require a new chain. And it will give you more zip. It will cost you a speedohealer though if you want an accurate speedo, but can be done without.

Flipping your washers around on your rearsets is free, completely reversible, and takes 5 minutes maximum. It makes the rearsets way more stable, I loved this mod.

BD43's headlight mod is nice at night.

Frame sliders are good insurance and have saved me lots of money on crashes/drops. Not too expensive either.

What exactly is this mod, this is the first i have heard of it?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What exactly is this mod, this is the first i have heard of it?

The washers between the mounting bolts and the rearsets are rubber on one side. This makes the rearsets give a little, to reduce engine vibration I presume.

Well, since the day I bought my bike I thought it was way too much give for me, and I think Hellgate turned me onto this mod. You remove the rearset mounting bolts one at at time, flip the washer around, and reinstall the bolts. It made the rearsets much more stable and I was a lot happier with them. Until I got my Valtermotos :drool:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks and Gig Em'

What the fak is a Gig em'? Just curious....:)

Dual light mod is a must IMO...Alot of people black out the rad guard and rear-set inserts...I chromed mine along with the handlebar clamp..FZ1 handlebar swap, bar ends, grips, Watsen signals, I can keep going.......Just go through the mod section and decide for yourself what you like/capable of doing and do it man..:)

CromeFootpegInsert.jpg

ChromeRadTrimpiece2.jpg

EchoLake08096.jpg

Last edited:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
What the fak is a Gig em'? Just curious....:)

In order to understand Gig 'em you have to understand the mentality of the Texas A&M graduate

In the UK everyone tells Irish jokes, in Ireland they tell Kerryman jokes and in Texas they tell Aggie jokes. For Example How do you confuse an Aggie? Put him in a barrel and tell him to piss in the corner.

To the (mostly) disinterested outsider A&M have some strange traditions. Their cheerleaders are ALL guys and nobody sits down to watch the football games (they are all ready to jump on the field and be the 12th man ??).

and before you ask I am not a Longhorn, Cougar, Owl or any other sort of animal from a Texas University.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Ooh. Or, how about "How does an aggie know which way to put on his underwear? Yellow in front, brown in back."

Or "Two Aggies got lost in the woods. The first turns to his buddy and says, 'Hey, fire three shots in the air so people know we're lost and can find us.' After about an hour he tells his buddy to fire three more shots in the air since nobody came. The second says, 'I can't. I'm out of arrows.'"

Yep, take a blond joke, swap it for Aggie and you're good to go. The "Gig 'em Aggies" comes from the military side. Particularly on the army side, taking a "gig" on your inspection means you messed up and lost a point. How that became a slogan is beyond me though. I went to Tech. Well, one of the junior colleges out there before I enlisted anyway.

MDManley10

Reaction score
Visit site
Gig em' is an Aggie saying that comes from a game against the TCU Horn Frogs. A student yelled Gig Em Aggies and from there the first college hand sign was born. Following this came hook Em and all other lesser yells. Thanks and Gig Em' is used as a closing comment. :thumbup: I'm thinking painting the radiator guard shrouds will be first. Then possibly dhl mod.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
there's a butt load of stuff you can do to these bikes...
some for speed/performance, some for comfort,
some are pure vanity...depends on you, what you
want to do with the bike, and how many bucks in yer jeans

whatcha thinking about?

86Camaro

Reaction score
Visit site
A fender eliminator is cheap, and gets rid of the mickey mouse stock rear fender. Also tire stripe stickers are cheap, and actually do alot for the asthetics of the bike. Then if you decide to get brave, convert it to naked ;-) I did and made the bike damn sexy! oh and Hook Em \m/

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
You could definitely look at upgrading the seat, I put on my Corbin within a week and many people order the TS seat to replace the FZ6 original.

Oh and I almost forgot:

Why don't the Aggies have ice anymore?_____They lost the recipe:blowkiss:

hookem.jpg

To tell the truth, it's great to know that we can joke with each other. And I hate that you are sooooo much closer to Shiner than I am. Even shipped here to Minnesota, it doesn't taste the same.