Colorado - Flooding????

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey peeps, this coming June 6th, some buds and I are rolling out of St Louis for an annual trip to the Rocky Mountains! CAN'T WAIT!

Question: A guy I know in Utah is telling me that because of record snow this past winter, there is flooding predicted through June. WTF, is this correct? We are staying in Beaver Creek (Avon, Co.). Gonna be there riding from the 7th thru the 12th.

What is the word or local thoughts on the impact from snow fall?

Thanks guys/gals!

:thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey peeps, this coming June 6th, some buds and I are rolling out of St Louis for an annual trip to the Rocky Mountains! CAN'T WAIT!

Question: A guy I know in Utah is telling me that because of record snow this past winter, there is flooding predicted through June. WTF, is this correct? We are staying in Beaver Creek (Avon, Co.). Gonna be there riding from the 7th thru the 12th.

What is the word or local thoughts on the impact from snow fall?

Thanks guys/gals!

You know there's always the possibility....but are you gonna put your life on hold because of a "what if"?
P.S. Try to get over to the Maroon Bells, outside of Aspen, one of my favorite places!

The Colorado Water Conservation Board releases their ‘Snowmelt Flood Preparation Status Update’ « Coyote Gulch

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, we are coming! I figure even if we were to run into some closed roads due to flooding, working our way around them will only make the day rides more adventurous.

You live in a fantastic state for motorcycle riding. Interstate 70 is even a nice ride through the mountains, whereas Interstate 70 is depressing in St Louis (if not down right hazardous in places).

We are going to arrive in Avon the afternoon of June 7th. If you want to meet up and ride with us, let me know! I befriended a nice guy there last year who is waiting for us to roll in. The more the merrier!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll definetly keep it mind rexbaum, thanks for the invite :thumbup:

and if you need any more local info, just give a shout out.