Colorado shooting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloring

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Taking away a law-abiding citizen's rights who did everything properly & legally to purchase a firearm in order to persue a hobby he/she enjoys (target shooting, skeet shooting, competitive shooting, hunting) or to protect his family against a criminal who undoubtedly would LOVE to see weapons taken up from victims would NOT prevent crazy people from doing crazy things. Remember, there were murders & serial killers BEFORE guns were invented. If someone breaks into my house with my beloved wife & cats at home with me, I can retrieve my AK-47 with 30 rounds of scumbag repellant a lot faster than the police can possibly respond. Even if they took up all guns from all citizens, even criminals, I still wouldn't feel as safe as when I am packing. 2 or more criminals armed with knives/ice picks/razor blades/clubs/baseball bats/hairy fists could probably overpower me (although I would fight to the death to protect my family). With a firearm, on my turf, I, the victim, have an advantage. What's wrong with that? Anyone who has ever been broken in on while home will tell you they would have rather had a gun than a phone in their hand. Anyone who is for disarming victims has not been attacked as such.

I'm not for disarming you or banning the sports of hunting/shooting. I'm advocating the common sense law of high capacity ban of magazines. I think 5 rounds should satisfy both sides of this issue. Those hunters and recreational shooter would just get a little inconvenient having to reload more often. The homeowner defending is home should be ok too. Don't you think 5 rounds of 7.62 from your AK is sufficient to protect your home and family? I don't think you need 30 rounds, that's overkill.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
so your right to hunt and shoot for fun is more important than peoples lives and welfare? How selfish of you.

That's not my point at all, my point is that if someone really wants to go and do something like this a limited magazine is not going to stop it from happening or even reduce it. If someone wants to do something like this they will find a way. For instance this guy didn't have a 100rd mag he had a shotgun, probably held 6 shells, 2 glocks and a AK. Yes all of them hold more than 5rds but he could have very easily caused the same damage with 1 gun and multiple 5rd mags.

If the government steps in and pass this law and ENFORCE the 5 rounds magazine law, then these tragedy will be REDUCED. Notice i said reduced not prevented

I don't agree with that at all, if someone was deranged enough to want to do something like what this guy did a limited mag just means that the psychos will carry more mags or find other ways like IED's

Yeah, yeah you say the criminals will find a way to get the high capacity mags somewhere, somehow. But the point of it is the make it HARD for them to do it. Make sense now? Get on the bandwagon man, you are in the minority here. Change is coming. Hope and Change.

Don't seem like I'm the minority, you must not be reading the same thread I am, the original discussion was about wether a armed citizen could have prevented this and there was some back and forth but most agree that changing gun laws would not help a thing

Jmnielsen

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not for disarming you or banning the sports of hunting/shooting. I'm advocating the common sense law of high capacity ban of magazines. I think 5 rounds should satisfy both sides of this issue. Those hunters and recreational shooter would just get a little inconvenient having to reload more often. The homeowner defending is home should be ok too. Don't you think 5 rounds of 7.62 from your AK is sufficient to protect your home and family? I don't think you need 30 rounds, that's overkill.

How would that be a "common sense law"? And please tell me, how many of you against guns and limiting ammo/magazines have actually had much experience with guns? My guess is next to NONE! So how about we take away YOUR hobby because some dip**** decided to do something stupid. Would you like that?

sloring

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
How would that be a "common sense law"? And please tell me, how many of you against guns and limiting ammo/magazines have actually had much experience with guns? My guess is next to NONE! So how about we take away YOUR hobby because some dip**** decided to do something stupid. Would you like that?

I don't own a gun, but that's my choice. I believe there's more a chance of that gun hurting me, my family, or some innocent person than against some bad people. That's why we have police. We call them when you hear strange noise or you see suspicious people hanging around. Why would you want to confront some stranger with a gun? Let the people who are trained to PROTECT you do it. If someone breaks into my house they don't want to hurt me or my family. They just want our valuables. So what? Is your life worth protecting your valuables? My life and my family life is all I care about. Stuffs can be replaced. I'll just tell them to take whatever they want and leave us alone.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You think someone smart enough to elaborately booby trap his apartment would be slowed down by the lack of high cap mags or guns at all for that matter?

He could've saved some effort by leaving a pipe bomb in a bucket of popcorn in the center of the theater and another in the trash can that sits by each exit to go off 30 seconds after the first.

New gun laws, if they have any affect at all, will just force psychos to use more effective means like is painfully evident in every other country in the world that banned guns.

From another point of view, it's not the random psychos I'm worried about. Riots and flash mobs are much more likely, and I'd rather be like the well armed Korean store owners in the '92 LA riots than the guy that got his clothes stolen off his back in the '11 London riots.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't own a gun, but that's my choice. I believe there's more a chance of that gun hurting me, my family, or some innocent person than against some bad people. That's why we have police. We call them when you hear strange noise or you see suspicious people hanging around. Why would you want to confront some stranger with a gun? Let the people who are trained to PROTECT you do it. If someone breaks into my house they don't want to hurt me or my family. They just want our valuables. So what? Is your life worth protecting your valuables? My life and my family life is all I care about. Stuffs can be replaced. I'll just tell them to take whatever they want and leave us alone.

Police come in after the crime is committed. People are still able to be hurt or killed before they arrive. Look at how much damage one gunman inflicted, and he was found sitting in his car AFTER he was done. Also, somebody robbing you isn't going to take a chance of you being able to identify them. best bet if you don't have a means to defend yourself, hide.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You don't need a fire extinguisher, the fire department is there to protect you.

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
So you practice in darken rooms filled with CS gas? Wow I'm impressed.
For someone who takes on the responsibility of CC you sound pretty clueless?
There are a large number of CC who clearly state that in this instant they could not have done anything other than add to the body count.

Neil

bwhahahaha....you people are truly clueless...

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
Come on now man. Seriously, you're being WAY too rough here. Tone it down a notch Nelly. I don't think anybody here cares for your tone in that post.

Give the man credit where credit is due. He is a level 6 prestige player in CoD. He has trained long and hard for just such an event.

But in all seriousness, this is a pretty horrible occurence. Our being bad with this particular poster is just as bad as his saying he could have Rambo'd the situation. This was a real life occurance and a pretty bad one with devastating consequences and some people's lives have been changed forever for the worse. A kid was killed. There is something about people coming out to relax and watch a movie with their families and having this happen that is especially disturbing. This is why I am somewhat riled by silly posts.

Edit: I'm not going to post in this thread anymore. It's just going in a negative and unproductive direction.

silly post?????....it's silly of me to state that i have the skills with a firearm to stop a situation like this and in the process would be willing to give my life for people i don't even know...silly post???

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread has gone from an outpouring of grief for the innocent victims, to personal attacks on forum members and a gun debate.

THREAD CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.