Cortech Sport Saddlebag - Custom alternative mount

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
The cortech sport saddlebags I have mount using two large velcro patches and 4 plastic buckles. The two velcro patches are meant to go over or under the seat, and the 4 buckles (2 on each side) attach to foot pegs or other available locations.

If you put both velcro patches under the seat, you are very likely to block the seat latch. Also, you will be getting very close to the passenger footpegs. If you move the bags back far enough to not interfere with the footpegs, the rear velcro strap goes over the taillight.

These saddlebags come with clips that are designed to attach to a cortech tailbag and make a 3-bag set. By emailing cortech/tourmaster and doing some research on my own, I found the make and model of the plastic buckles on the bags (Rock Lockster 1" by Duraflex). I ordered a set of buckles, webbing, and ladder-locks from a fabric company in seattle (apparently no brick+mortar stores stock these buckles).

640x480-p1000339.jpg

And here's how I attached the bags to the bike (a few closeups):

640x480-p1000361.jpg

640x480-p1000362.jpg

640x480-p1000364.jpg

I am pretty happy with the results. I cut each strap to be 24" long, but I think I probably only needed more like 8" or so. The bags now attach very securely to the givi box rails, and it will be much easier to attach and detach the bags from the bike (but the front velcro is still under the seat, so they can't be pulled off without a key...or a knife)

Last edited: