Cowl Question

I see a lot of guys adding the lower cowl to their FZ6. Strictly cosmetic?

I'd have to say yes for me. I haven't seen any improvements over the coolness factor. :thumbup: I'm not aware of any reason to add one other than looks. Anyone else?

It could be argued it creates more downforce and acts as a spoiler but I think any gain would be minimal. Mine came with it and I prefer the look with it.

Edit: I forgot to mention if you add a red one it will increase your top speed.

My bike has gained about 3-5 HP just with the lower cowl installed; if only from the cool appearance ;)

I wonder how many horsies are to be gained from the seat cowl.

The lower (chin) cowl makes the bike look even better, but the seat cowl...Wow! I finally received mine after almost three months of waiting. I love it!:rockon:

I would bet that some argument could be made about protecting wayward furry woodland creatures from getting burned by your exhaust if they happen to wander under your bike...

I just ordered mine from Powerbronze, should arrive in a day or two. I can say, I did it purely for cosmetics. I love the bike, but the one thing I knew I'd change once I bought it,were those exposed headers, and I'm looking forward to covering them.:america:

i Will take more pic's for you and i will post them here in this thread. Around mid to later i will take them and post the, I also changed the chain which is red, the rear sprocket was 46 tooth to a 48 in black (the stock rear sprocket was silver)to .

Didnt you guys read the instructions for it(seat cowl and lower cowl had the same page in each book).....

DSC00974.jpg
DSC00973.jpg

yeah, it is strictly cosmetic. I was hoping for a little more protection from water off the front wheel, but I dont think it made much difference. I don't care though :thumbup:

Back