Crash and Errors

Nastavit

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a used FZ6 a while back for a whopping $1500 (with helmet and jacket included) because the bike was in terrible cosmetic shape and the forward bearings were useless. The 8k mile bike was my first and I rode it shortly thereafter to Six Flags. It was hit in the parking lot and the fairings pretty much wasted.
Later, I went to get the bike and fixed it with the redneck fixins, duct tape and plastic ties.

Enough of back story.
I laid it down a month ago and destroyed the fairings, beat up the left side, and dented the gas tank. It still runs and everything works fine, but I'm getting an error message as well as a burning smell from the engine.

The error is "Er_1" which I know to be an ECU misread or lack thereof. The smell is one of burning foliage, like leaves, but a bit stronger; it's not gas, oil, rubber, or anything like that, so I'm dumbfounded.

Anyone know what the problem may be? I've check all the external electrical connections and everything is in order.

hoston1765

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a fuel system fault code. Er-1 is “No communication or unreadable communication”, possible cause listed as faulty wiring or wiring connector. You might check for loose connectors or corrosion on connections first. Perhaps when it was laid down wires may have frayed or broken. Good luck!