De-tuned Cheetah

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
R6 > FZ6 > FZ6R : de-tuned :confused: might be tamed but inside lurk the same MOTHER...BEWARE...

My wife surprised me and took me to a lion farm. Something I always wanted to do but never did. The Cheetah, Juba, is a 3 year old male and tamed, sleeps in the house on the bed. The lions is not tamed but were born in captivity and is use to a different life style.

Sorry for picture whoring but this is just awesome !
View attachment 18814
View attachment 18815
View attachment 18816
View attachment 18817

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
How friendly was the cheetah? And did it purr like a house cat?
It does actually - my wife jumped when he started - its like a cat with 2Brothers without DB Killers. Not really but much harder than a cat. Did you know cheetahs are from the dog family and purring is one of the few trades it has that always get debated to put it in the cat family. I fell in love with that long lean gentle DOG. I've got a yellow Labrador and I thought as I sat there that the coat felt much the same just a bit thicker. We played with baby lion cups as well, but did not get good photos with them, we were both to busy to care about photos ;)

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I'm jealous. Makes me want to travel to Africa... Big cats are just so amazing.
You'll never be disappointed. I'm living in South Africa which is way more civilized than most of the rest of Africa and we've got a beautiful country. Even if you plan part of your holiday with a bike tour - sooo many excellent places to ride. With the exchange rate it will be a 'not to expensive' holiday.

<Your soccer team actually played in the Federation Cup final against Spain (against all odds) just a few kilometers (miles) from my house>

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where is that?

We've been to the cheetah outreach centre at Spier several times and you can go in with them but they tell you not to touch the tail or the ears, my wife would kill to be able to hug a cheetah like that!

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG are you serious?! Cheetahs are from the dog family? I never knew that. I LOVE Cheetahs but I have always always hated cats. Now I feel even more awesomeness about Cheetahs.

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG are you serious?! Cheetahs are from the dog family? I never knew that. I LOVE Cheetahs but I have always always hated cats. Now I feel even more awesomeness about Cheetahs.
Yes a dog Wildcard. Its been debated over and over in past (even more than the air box mod ;)), but it is only recently that it has been acknowledged in scientific circles that it truly is form the dog family. I don't have all the facts off-hand but will try to get it when I have a bit more time - and don't believe all the crap on the www where it is still mainly branded as a cat.