Deals Gap 02 Oct - 05 Oct

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm making my fall pilgrimage to Deals Gap area this week. I'll be riding the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. I'm staying between Townsend and Pigeon Forge with some non-riders and the wife (novice cruiser rider) but could probably slip off for a ride or two if anyone is going to be there. PM me if you are interested.

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be there 10/3-10/4. Probably on a yellow Tiger (my rear tire is down to the wear indicators on the FZ). I will be with a snobby BMW rider on a F800ST. We will be staying in Sweetwater.

Reaction score
Visit site
A few quick post trip notes:
1) It was freakin great, as always!
2) Cherohala/Treetops lovers will be glad to know that there is now fresh smooth asphalt all the way out from Robinsville to the Skyway.
3) Law enforcement was heavy. This may have just been due to the fact that Smoky Mountain bike week was 02 Oct - 05 Oct. I have never seen so many bikes at the CROT. Parking lot was completely full. Late Sunday, after most of the humongous crowd had left, I still counted 3 TN sheriff vehicles and 2 THP vehicles on the dragon. There was also a NC sheriff vehicle at the gap.
4) Mikebike, I had no problems at all finding gas. One obscure place was out of premium. Other than that, no evidence of shortage at all.
5) I can't wait for May/June/whenever!