Detailing Hint.

Dunny

Hit the road jack
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok who has washed and polished there ride and then in a moment of stupidness put some of that silicon based tyre shine on the tyres. (Bad mistake it leaches around on to the tread and can cause a big tank slapper when you loose grip) (So I'm told). Go on put your hand up.

Anyway I discovered a safer alternative today as I stood beside my bike cleaning the kids shoes, I was using one of those bottles of liquid shoe polish with the foam applicator on the top.

Works a treat the applicator is just the right size spin the wheel and you done and looks great.

Happy cleaning.:thumbup:

Daryl

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok who has washed and polished there ride and then in a moment of stupidness put some of that silicon based tyre shine on the tyres. (Bad mistake it leaches around on to the tread and can cause a big tank slapper when you loose grip) (So I'm told). Go on put your hand up.

Anyway I discovered a safer alternative today as I stood beside my bike cleaning the kids shoes, I was using one of those bottles of liquid shoe polish with the foam applicator on the top.

Works a treat the applicator is just the right size spin the wheel and you done and looks great.

Happy cleaning.:thumbup:

Daryl

Have made this mistake...it sucks....got it off before i could go slippy slides on it...dont use anything now....

:thumbup:

Dunny

Hit the road jack
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah watched a mate clean his CBR many years ago he did a great job, put the tire silicon on, road it onto the road to bring it back into to garage and it all ended in tears with a seriously damaged CBR and a a filthy mood for the rest of the weekend and a sore head for the both of us drowning his sorrows.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate shiny tyres, I don't even put anything on the tyres on my car. That stuff attracts dust and only looks "good" for about 5 minutes.

Yep, tyre shine on the car tyres looks brilliant the moment you do it, then it looks crap as soon as you have a quick drive.

Regarding bikes, know never ever to put anything near the tyre. Super pedantic when chain lubing that im not spraying anywhere near the trye.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, that tire foam stuff is great...until you hit dusty area and then it acts like magnet. But, it might help move a used car off the lot.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Hm... I like the tire shine but when I do it, I apply it and then wipe it off pretty good. What's left is a nice black tire; it is not slippery and is not shiny but looks very clean. It lasts about a week or so and then it's time to wash the car and apply it again.

I sometimes put it on the MC tires but I don't do it as much anymore because it's such a pain to be super careful and then you end up riding in rain again anyway.

Dennis