dirty water from other cars on helmet visor SOLUTION!

Found a photo of the device:

tattoo_main.jpg

Very strange picture...a chick with a tattoo of a chick with a tramp stamp.......weird

Waiting with baited breath on this life changing device which I must buy at least ten of...
And that pic is trippy to say the least.

wow!!!
I just got home! I have only been away for 20+ hours, and some guys are already calling me spamer scammer.... Bla bla bla...

Just to make it clear....

I've been using rain-x on same visor for 2 years already and hasn't been afected in any way (well, no changes visible to my eyes).

In the city I live, it rains 3 out of 4 days, and so today I used my invention and I was really really happy.... It works perfectly!

Just to let the non-believers see, I will post in a little while pics !!!
and when ever I have time I'll learn how to upload a video, pleasr pm how to!
thanks

sorry for the delay!
let me some time to finish this project! although it woks flawlessly, I want to concentrate the water spray just for my visor and my girl's visor, without throwing water to the sides, since I only have 1 litter of water!

Last edited:
I think it is a cool mod.. Not a mod for me or one that I would need but alot of thought went into it...

I give it an A for Effort:thumbup:

Keep us posted on how it progresses....

I think it is a cool mod.. Not a mod for me or one that I would need but alot of thought went into it...

I give it an A for Effort:thumbup:

Keep us posted on how it progresses....
I wish I could get a small camera inside my helmet, when raining, just to show U the video!!!!
I think I'm just going to start selling this around town!
This is kind of simple, but I've never seen something like that before...

I remember when I had the badest idea of putting a cupholder, just to hold a palstic bag of water, for me to spray with my hand when needed! wow!

But this...... is way way far better!

Well I'm relieved that you are not a spammer and apologize for any mixups by us moderators.

Interesting mod you got there, but not for me either. I think that is a pretty creative undertaking and I wish you luck with trying to sell it.

I gather that you have a lot of dirt roads where you are and having dirt and mud flung up on your visor is the reason for making this device? Is this correct? That's about the only application I can think of as to why a rider would want what is basically a water fountain in the center of their handle bars.

Last edited:
Well, gusss, I got to hand it to you, that's some mod. Just like windshield sprayers on a car...hmmm, is that where you got it from?? Could be an all-weather feature; just load it up with Gatorade on hot, dry days...

I kind of like the helmet mod that chick has - looks like she could be a motorcycle deployed fire-fighter!! BTW, don't ride in bikini tops, ladies :squid:

So where exactly does all the water + Rain-x come from??? WHat supplies the sprayer?

just aply rain-x to visor, then wipe off!
and with rain-x on visor go out on the dirty rainy streets and when your visor is dirty, just spray some clean water on and everything will just wipe away by itself

Dirt bikers use layers of cellophane wrap on their visors to keep the dirt off. They peel away a layer when it gets dirty.

well that sounds like an expensive solution...
I can imagine ne peeling off one those every 20 sec. Just get behind any car after raining, when streets are wet, and when thousands of drops are comming out of the wheels from the cars in front...right in to your visor!!!!

Well, gusss, I got to hand it to you, that's some mod. Just like windshield sprayers on a car...hmmm, is that where you got it from?? Could be an all-weather feature; just load it up with Gatorade on hot, dry days...

I kind of like the helmet mod that chick has - looks like she could be a motorcycle deployed fire-fighter!! BTW, don't ride in bikini tops, ladies :squid:

Exactly!! Except for wipers! Jejeejeje

You do realize that Rain-X is not recommended to be used on plastic and visors? It will put a haze on your visor over time. Might want to think about using a wax or Plexus instead. Wouldn't want you to ruin your visor!

From around the Internet:

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE RAIN X ON PLASTIC WINDSHIELDS OR HELMET
VISORS!!

Unfortunately I did, not on my K12 but on a Gold Wing. It cost me
$160 for a new windshield. There is something in the Rain-X that
attacks the hardened scratch resistant coating on these plastics and
causes it to craze or spider web. At night when on coming headlights
hit it, it lights up like the ceiling in a planetarium and you
positively cannot see through it. I now use plexus or one of several
other products that are formulated specifically for that purpose and
have not had any problems.

If you read the bottle I think you will see that Rain-X is not recomenned for plastic. In fact, it may destroy it. Pure Carnuba wax will protect plexiglss as will any number of platic waxes.

You do realize that Rain-X is not recommended to be used on plastic and visors? It will put a haze on your visor over time. Might want to think about using a wax or Plexus instead. Wouldn't want you to ruin your visor!
From around the Internet:

Well, that's interesting. My helmet manufacturer recommends Rain-X:

http://www.hjchelmets.com/shield_care.htm
Rain-X & Other Products: Applying RainX or other water dispersing type chemicals work well on HJC shields (except RST mirrored shields) if applied on new shields and if the chemical companies directions are followed diligently. Always use extremely soft and clean cloths for applications.

if applied on new shields and if the chemical companies directions are followed diligently

...and as far as I know Rain-X says not to use on plastics. I'll check my bottle when I get home.

I guess it might have a lot to do with exactly what 'type' of plastic too.

with or without rain-x my sistem will solve the "dirt on visor problem" just choose your rain-x -like product!

I already have a video from my iphone inside the helmet while the system working... I'll coverted it and post it!!

Back