Does every version of the FZ6 have a coolant resivor?

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I know this sounds crazy. But I have been staring at my bike for 30 minutes with a flashlight and can't find the damn over fill jug. I have drained the coolant and cycled some water through, but ideally would have taken the crap out of the over fill compartment. Bike is a 2009 btw ;)

Thanks!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I know this sounds crazy. But I have been staring at my bike for 30 minutes with a flashlight and can't find the damn over fill jug. I have drained the coolant and cycled some water through, but ideally would have taken the crap out of the over fill compartment. Bike is a 2009 btw ;)

Thanks!

Yes they all came from the factory with one, (the PO may have removed it for some reason).

Unless its at FZR bike, its right behind the header,(in front of the engine).

There a GLOSS BLACK cover over it with some slots to see the level:

Right next to the left side radiator hose.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
He said it was a 2009

Damn I watched a YouTube video and it was in the rear under the seat. I never would have thought they changed it by year. Oops :spank:

I drained it, put water in and drained it again, the filled it up. Would it be worth it to do it all over again if I did not drain the resivor?

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn I watched a YouTube video and it was in the rear under the seat. I never would have thought they changed it by year. Oops :spank:

I drained it, put water in and drained it again, the filled it up. Would it be worth it to do it all over again if I did not drain the resivor?

I don't know whether it is worth doing or not, last time, when my mechanic did the coolant change for me, Either he forgot to fill the res or something else might've happened and it is empty.
The radiator has correct level, but, I spent 13$ from Walmart, changed the whole thing, within 5k miles(of previous flush), as I don't know what he used and don't want to mix two different colors.
So, for the heck of it, just change it. 13-15$, 30mins will give you peace of mind.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Over time and multiple heat cycles, the clamps/joints where the hose connects to various spots tends to loosen.

Once in awhile, just go over ALL the hose clamps and make sure their snug... You'll very likely find a couple on the loose side.

You often won't see any residue as the coolant, if seeping, will evaporate with engine heat or blow off just from riding...