FAZR6 Fender Eliminator with lowered bike

ds37601

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody - great forum! Probably the most helpful I have seen. I did a search for this answer but didn't find anything.

I have a 2008 FZ6 that is lowered with a Soupy's lower rear shock mount - I think it lowers the bike about an inch, and also I have lowered the front about 3/4 inch.

Today I received the FAZR6 FE kit from Larry on Ebay (very well made), but it states on the first page of the instructions not to use on a lowered bike. I don't think the Ebay ad mentioned this. Before I ordered I looked at the side view before and after pictures and didn't really think about the possibility of the license plate hitting the tire....which is my fault.

I am 170 lbs. with the rear preload set on 3. Has anybody used this FE with a lowered bike? Would the plate hit the tire if the shock bottomed out? And if it did hit, would it just rub or would the wheel lock up?

Thanks a lot!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody - great forum! Probably the most helpful I have seen. I did a search for this answer but didn't find anything.

I have a 2008 FZ6 that is lowered with a Soupy's lower rear shock mount - I think it lowers the bike about an inch, and also I have lowered the front about 3/4 inch.

Today I received the FAZR6 FE kit from Larry on Ebay (very well made), but it states on the first page of the instructions not to use on a lowered bike. I don't think the Ebay ad mentioned this. Before I ordered I looked at the side view before and after pictures and didn't really think about the possibility of the license plate hitting the tire....which is my fault.

I am 170 lbs. with the rear preload set on 3. Has anybody used this FE with a lowered bike? Would the plate hit the tire if the shock bottomed out? And if it did hit, would it just rub or would the wheel lock up?

Thanks a lot!

It won't cause a lock-out, but it'll bend the FE and *could* potentially penetrate the tire (unlikely though).

Measure the distance of the straightest line between tire and the part of FE nearest the tire. Ideally you want 5" clearance. If it's significantly less than that, I'd look into a different FE.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about the FE kit, but if you are 170 lbs your rear preload should be at 4 or 5 to give you a correct sag number.

I am 176lbs and get 28mm of sag on setting 5. You would not believe the difference in handling it makes!

ds37601

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, thanks - I will try both 4 and 5 settings. I have noticed it was a little bouncy on rough patches of road, like the rear was losing contact a little.

I will probably install that fender eliminator and measure the clearance....the directions say 4.5 inches minimum measured at a right angle to the plate...if it is a little less I might take my chances haha.

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, thanks - I will try both 4 and 5 settings. I have noticed it was a little bouncy on rough patches of road, like the rear was losing contact a little.

I will probably install that fender eliminator and measure the clearance....the directions say 4.5 inches minimum measured at a right angle to the plate...if it is a little less I might take my chances haha.

How is the fender eliminator working out? Any problems? I also have my bike lowered and am wondering how worried I should be

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
You don't happen to have a link do you? (I clicked on the one above, no help).

Or anyone else, the BEST made, FE that uses the stock directionals and tag light.

Thanks

The one I got was the fazr6 FE, it's sold on eBay by "3679Larry" I had to message him via eBay because he makes them in batches. He contacted me as soon as he listed them and now I am a proud owner [emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk