Finally Powder Coating my baby

Vust123

Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve had my own powder coating business for a few months now and have yet to powder coat anything on my bike so finally decided to pull my bike apart and get her done. Everything that was blue will now be white, and doing the rims a mirror gold! Ill post pictures when it is all done!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wasn't aware you could powder-coat plastic parts, is your bike naked and you're doing the tank only? Or are there new materials that allow the crosslinking at a lower temp?

I'm anxious to see the final result, that'll be a beaut!

Vust123

Reaction score
Visit site
I have powders that make it possible to powder coat plastics and carbon fiber materials.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Wait you are going to do chrome fairings?

I can't envision it at all.

White bike like the Euro version would look pretty great. But I can't see where chrome would fit anywhere on a sports bike.

Vust123

Reaction score
Visit site
No, in order to get the mirror white finish, I first have to put a layer of mirror chrome and bake that, then I will apply the mirror white ad bake that in the oven.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Wait you are going to do chrome fairings?

I can't envision it at all.

White bike like the Euro version would look pretty great. But I can't see where chrome would fit anywhere on a sports bike.

I believe it fits anywhere the bike has parts to be coated. I think it would be interesting as I've never seen a chrome sport bike.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
No, in order to get the mirror white finish, I first have to put a layer of mirror chrome and bake that, then I will apply the mirror white ad bake that in the oven.

If it wasn't too much trouble, if you could do all the pieces in chrome and then put them back on the bike just for pictures, maybe a ride video to catch people staring. I think it would be amazing. You might start a trend that never should be started.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

ohh thanks for explaining. White will look awesome.

don't forget red stripe :rockon:

I believe it fits anywhere the bike has parts to be coated. I think it would be interesting as I've never seen a chrome sport bike.

I have seen a few and usually they are ghetto punk squids with a German style helmet on. in my opinion the bikes look ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong having a highly customized kick ass sports bike or a cruiser, chrome would kind of fit since it's going to be more of a show bike anyway.

chroming parts on a low budget bikes such as the fizzer is equivalent of putting a big ass spoiler on a honda civic.

well maybe not a civic. maybe mitsubishi evo.

Vust123

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I can put all the parts back on that are chrome so everyone can see it before I put powder coat it white!