First official drop

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
It's official, I dropped the bike on Saturday and gained some "experience marks" to the front fairing, bar end, and brake lever. Nothing too bad. I was riding with a friend on an unfamiliar country road, there was a bit of gravel on it and he later told me my rear wheel was sliding a bit on the turns. Anyway we were going slow since there were a lot of blind turns and we had no idea where we were. I got to a stop sign and saw a gas station to the right which he desparately needed, a car coming from the left, and my friend cruising up next to me on my left. I decided to wait for the car so I went to put my foot down and with all this exciting activity going on to my left I failed to look where I was stepping. It turned out to be a deep pothole full of gravel, the bike leaned too far to the right and when I made my move to correct for it my boot slipped. The bike went down, I hopped up, and thankfully there wasn't a crowd watching the incident. Couple of scrapes on the plastics and my front right turning signal pod it broken but everything else is good. I'll try using some epoxy on the pod for the rest of the season (it's getting cold here already) and figure out a replacement in a month or two. Rookie mistake, always look where you're stepping!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's official, I dropped the bike on Saturday and gained some \"experience marks\" to the front fairing, bar end, and brake lever. Nothing too bad. I was riding with a friend on an unfamiliar country road, there was a bit of gravel on it and he later told me my rear wheel was sliding a bit on the turns. Anyway we were going slow since there were a lot of blind turns and we had no idea where we were. I got to a stop sign and saw a gas station to the right which he desparately needed, a car coming from the left, and my friend cruising up next to me on my left. I decided to wait for the car so I went to put my foot down and with all this exciting activity going on to my left I failed to look where I was stepping. It turned out to be a deep pothole full of gravel, the bike leaned too far to the right and when I made my move to correct for it my boot slipped. The bike went down, I hopped up, and thankfully there wasn't a crowd watching the incident. Couple of scrapes on the plastics and my front right turning signal pod it broken but everything else is good. I'll try using some epoxy on the pod for the rest of the season (it's getting cold here already) and figure out a replacement in a month or two. Rookie mistake, always look where you're stepping!
Welcome to the thread mate,
You are in esteemed company lol. There are those who drop there bikes and admit it, and those who have no idea where the scrapes have come from lol.

I am glad you didn't pop your knee out when the bike went sideways.

Nelly

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
Little beauty marks add character heh. Everytime I see a bike with no marks on it I just think they don't ride it. Gotta get ya some frame sliders!