First real rideout of the year.

Morrisey

Reaction score
Visit site
No ice, no rain, no snow and with a forecast for a sunny day with a scorching temperature of 12c/52f it was time to try out the rebuilt 98 Fazer. Accompanied by a VFR, we managed over 200 clicks on some of the finest roads that Wales has to offer, the old girl did me proud sounded sweet and never missed a beat. Next trip for the old girl - an 800 mile Scotland round trip.:thumbup:

This is the route we took, drop the street view man on the A470 above Blaenau Ffestiniog (what a setting).
First ride of the year - Google Maps

PS. Her Majesty's finest normally patrol these roads with vigour - Saturday they were nowhere to be seen which was very welcome indeed:D

5439790520_62cd1046ca_z.jpg

Looks good. I wanted to go for my first run of the year at the weekend. But ended up having to work it. It looks like the weather is going to get **** for the next week.

Nice shot...:rockon:

Ive gotten out a couple times this month...Weather has been cold on this side of the globe too. No snow though...:thumbup:

You missed the Ponderosa just up the 494 towards Ruthin- great food for bikers and always some there

All the roads in Wales are good for bikers ... or will be when they finish fixing thr potholes

I live farther down in Wales but we occassionally get up that far- there are less of ' her majesty's finest' down where I live and as long as you keep an eye in your mirrors for taupe Volvo C70 estates with double wing mirrors you are OK...

Last edited by a moderator:
So jealous!
Here in Nova Scotia, we are still getting pounded with snow!!!

I just stare at my (new to me) 2006 FZ6. My first bike, and purchased in January....it has been a very very LONG winter so far.

Waiting for above freezing temps and no salt on the road.

No ice, no rain, no snow and with a forecast for a sunny day with a scorching temperature of 12c/52f it was time to try out the rebuilt 98 Fazer. Accompanied by a VFR, we managed over 200 clicks on some of the finest roads that Wales has to offer, the old girl did me proud sounded sweet and never missed a beat. Next trip for the old girl - an 800 mile Scotland round trip.:thumbup:

This is the route we took, drop the street view man on the A470 above Blaenau Ffestiniog (what a setting).
First ride of the year - Google Maps

PS. Her Majesty's finest normally patrol these roads with vigour - Saturday they were nowhere to be seen which was very welcome indeed:D

5439790520_62cd1046ca_z.jpg

Seriously, Blaenau Ffestiniog with no rain? Come on, it's not April fools!

I'm Welsh and it ALWAYS rains there ;)

Nice pic

I have managed a few commutes and a run last Saturday but the roads are still greasy round here and not a lot of fun.

No chance to get any temperature into your tyres and mine are still a little slippy if you lean over. Need some dry road days and the chance to get them scrubbed in properly

On leave tomorrow and maybe have a run out in the morning if it is not too cold- if not it is 10 miles into work and 40 miles home ... you know how it is not the evenings are drawing out a bit

Seriously, Blaenau Ffestiniog with no rain? Come on, it's not April fools!

I'm Welsh and it ALWAYS rains there ;)

Nice pic

It rains there for 364 days of the year - i think we were just lucky.:D

I'm back down Blaenau on Sunday albeit underground, so it can rain all it likes!!

I have managed a few commutes and a run last Saturday but the roads are still greasy round here and not a lot of fun.

No chance to get any temperature into your tyres and mine are still a little slippy if you lean over. Need some dry road days and the chance to get them scrubbed in properly

On leave tomorrow and maybe have a run out in the morning if it is not too cold- if not it is 10 miles into work and 40 miles home ... you know how it is not the evenings are drawing out a bit

The forecast is positively tropical in Welsh Wales tomorrow - give it a blast!

I am off now - heading over the tops to Abergavenny bus station for a coffee and a suasage sandwich and then maybe Chepstow to Monmouth for chips if I have time and the contractor doesnt phone me early for a meeting on site.... on my day off- it just never stops does it and then off to Wiltshire tonight..... but in the car

Looks still greasy out there and there is a lot of fresh slippy tarmac here in Powys after the winter salting and pothole repairs- lots of overbanding and repairs carried out with the back of a navvies shovel instead of a Bomag

Back