Fitted these yesterday

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
Got round to fitting my scorpions yesterday, they had been hanging around in my garage since late Friday afternoon so needed to get on the bike quickly.

Few pictures of the final fit, they are the stainless steel round version, basically the cheapest option you can get for the FZ6, but still £369.00 UK!

Like the new profile ends though, looks sweet.

scorps4_zps9dd7983d.jpg

scorps5_zps79e2ccdb.jpg

scorps3_zpsf256fce6.jpg

scorps2_zpsb87768b3.jpg

scorps1_zpsd40dc67f.jpg

Steve.

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
Forgot to add, DB killers are in at the moment, will be removing for the Sunday rides but leave in for general use, when they are out the sound is intoxicating :)

For anyone thinking about swapping the FZ6 due to the lack of noise, swap the pipes and you'll change your mind.

Best £369.00 I've spent on her so far.

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Those look brilliant!! Can I ask where you got them from for that price?
And do you think I could fit them myself with basic knowledge of my bike lol

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
Those look brilliant!! Can I ask where you got them from for that price?
And do you think I could fit them myself with basic knowledge of my bike lol

So long as you have a decent set of spanners / ratchets and some patience then it's not a hard job, just take your time and dry fit everything in place before committing to clamping up.

I worked from the pipes back towards the link pipe / cat adding a smear of exhaust paste to each joint for extra sealing. I still have a couple of drips from the rear connections but nothing to worry about. Will be tightening the rear clamps when it's hot again after a run.

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks sweet, where did u order them from?? We're the profile ends an additional cost?? :thumbup:

In answer to both Danny questions, ordered them through Sutton Honda Motorcycles in Tamworth, Staffordshire. Took about a week to make and be delivered to the store. The profile ends are called "edge" and are the standard fitting, no extra cash needed. These are the stainless steel version, round. Speak to Lee or Steve in the service department, both are extremely helpful blokes.

To everyone else on this thread, thanks for the comments, they really do sound as good as they look :)

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
So long as you have a decent set of spanners / ratchets and some patience then it's not a hard job, just take your time and dry fit everything in place before committing to clamping up.

I worked from the pipes back towards the link pipe / cat adding a smear of exhaust paste to each joint for extra sealing. I still have a couple of drips from the rear connections but nothing to worry about. Will be tightening the rear clamps when it's hot again after a run.

I fitted exactly the same pipes just over a year ago now. I personally don't normally use paste due to the mess but probably should have on this occasion, the connection between my Y pipe and cat pipe is always leaking condensation on start-up.

One question, are your baffles easy to remove? When I received mine I had to use a lever bar to wiggle them out (which took about 10 minutes per side, they were in there!!!). Basically when they put mine together, they had run out of the correct baffles for the round style cans, so decided to hammer in the type for the oval style cans. Sadly, Scorpion completely denied this and refused to rectify the problem.

I have since modified the baffles to fit and they now work nicely, however I feel it's a shame that Scorpion are messing around with this sort of thing, the pipes are great, but attention to detail and customer service make all the difference.

On a more positive note, they do look amazing and give a rather nice bellow. :thumbup:

Yamahaboyz

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
Db killers were a little tight but a tug with some pliers had them out, cleaned them up with some auto Sol and reinstalled.

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
I fitted exactly the same pipes just over a year ago now. I personally don't normally use paste due to the mess but probably should have on this occasion, the connection between my Y pipe and cat pipe is always leaking condensation on start-up.

One question, are your baffles easy to remove? When I received mine I had to use a lever bar to wiggle them out (which took about 10 minutes per side, they were in there!!!). Basically when they put mine together, they had run out of the correct baffles for the round style cans, so decided to hammer in the type for the oval style cans. Sadly, Scorpion completely denied this and refused to rectify the problem.

I have since modified the baffles to fit and they now work nicely, however I feel it's a shame that Scorpion are messing around with this sort of thing, the pipes are great, but attention to detail and customer service make all the difference.

On a more positive note, they do look amazing and give a rather nice bellow. :thumbup:

Yamahaboyz

Can you post a pic?

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
these are fantastic pipes. Partly the reason I bought the FZ6 to begin with...I love the sound of this aftermarket.

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Db killers and bike please :)

I only cleaned the bike about a week ago so I'll be sure to snap some current shots along with some of the DB killers as soon as I get a chance.

In the meantime, here's a couple of pics from one of the trackdays I did on the Brands Hatch GP Circuit last year. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Yamahaboyz