For all us new guys wanting to make our bikes streetfighters.

rhldshadow

rhldshadow
Reaction score
Visit site
I was hoping we could put together an options list for lighting kits and front assemblies. I think it would stop a lot of the same questions from coming up. Also help all the guys who sell custom lighting kits to show off their work. So please help out.. I know I would love to get a custom set. I'm dying to turn my bike into a streetfighter. Shadow

1. There's no such thing as an options list for a streefighter, everything is an option!

2. There's no such thing as 'it doesn't fit', you cut, grind, weld, and grind some more, the guy that want's a streefighter walks up to his perfectly good bike with a angle grinder in one hand, and a welder in the other and dives in, never looking back, then shows up at bike night a year later with a snarling, viscious machine that scares women and children, creature comforts and noise compliance are non existent.

3. The best FZ6 streetfighters are me (4drfocus), Wavex (R.I.P), JTarkany, and Wolfman, study them closely.

I completely agree. Well put.

I personally just need to get my hands on a custom front fairing so I can get started. All the ones I find online a mediocre at best. I see all of the previously named streetfighter bad-asses you named and would like a to know where they found theirs and if they had them made i would like to know where and who i need to contact .

I completely agree. Well put.

I personally just need to get my hands on a custom front fairing so I can get started. All the ones I find online a mediocre at best. I see all of the previously named streetfighter bad-asses you named and would like a to know where they found theirs and if they had them made i would like to know where and who i need to contact .

The best FZ6 streetfighters I've seen had custom work done to them. I forget the user but one guy on here took a GSXR headlight and made his own mini-fairing. It looks amazing!

Wavex used a light from a french company:

KMP - GSXR - Vmax - Hindle - Nology - Otec

They also have other options, but they're EXPENSIVE.

I'm going through the naked conversion myself (waiting until winter to do the work) and just bought myself a million custom parts and will be doing my own fab work. I think it's more fun that way than buying a bolt on kit.

No one really "has something made" they make it themselves is what he is saying. Just start googling "streetfighter parts", "motorcycle headlights", or "motorcycle fairings" and once you see something you like go for it

Back to the original idea of the thread, how about an IDEA list. if you happen to come across something that you think looks cool, or could serve a purpose on a streetfighter you post it up. Inspiration doesn't come from nowhere.

Hey guys, if any of you have a 2007-2008 black fz and decide to go forward with the naked conversion, let me know. I'm looking for parts, especially the front cowling. I'm willing to pay a fair price.

So last night after posting this I came across a website that had quite a bit of streetfighter stuff on it. StreetFighter Inc.-StreetFighter and Sportbike accessories. One stop shopping for StreetFighters & Naked Motorcycles For any of you that are interested.

Also I am in the process of saving up so I can go naked, you are very correct it is not cheap. But the pay off will be on sexy piece of machinery. Love naked bikes!

Mine is an 05 but i will still put the fairing and everything up for sale once I am done. Which probably won't be till spring sometime. Shadow

sorry to hijack your thread:ban: but i am glad you posted this because it sparked an idea in me, now i need to find someone parting out their bike so i can pick up a rear subframe cheap. time to start stage two streetfighter in my bike!:thumbup:

it's not just parts that give inspiration, but sounds, sights, and smells too.

For me Tokyo was a major source of ideas, so when I came back to the U.S I knew what I wanted, naked/standard bikes are very popular in Japan, and seeing what they did to there bikes made me want a stripped down bike, Tokyo tower with it's pointy, skeletal, and orange design, and when it lights up at night, yep it glows orange, stands out like a beacon in the dark, partying all night in Roppongi with Japanese girls, they dress to impress, always dolled-up, hair, makeup, heels, and 'very small' mini skirts, it get's you wanting something pretty, exotic, fun, tantalizing, something that keeps you up all night, Motegi Twin Ring & Tsukuba raceway will get wanting that loud, flashy, and fast crowd pleasing machine, the yakuza remind you it should be tough, dangerous, somewhat illegal, yet respectful and polite in public, and the language reminds you to keep it simple, the music is catchy, sometimes annoying, but it's addictive and you can't get it out of your head, Buddist temples wiil invoke peace, tranquilty, and flow when standing still.................................................................................

Back