Front Brake Squeel

SOUTHERNFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Has Anyone Noticed A Front Brake Squeel Right Before Coming To A Stop? I Have Checked The Pads And They Are Fine , Front And Rear. The Rotors Don't Look To Be Glazed. I Have Tryed Some Really Hard Braking To See If It Helped But It Did Not. Any Thoughts?

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
this also just started happening to me on my 07, its got 1100 miles and i was wondering why the front was sqeaking too

strike_force

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine squeels as well but after a fast ride and some hard breaking it stops. Ofcourse untill the next fast ride because in evrey day use and parked outside without any cover on it, it starts to "sing" again.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
A bit hesitant about posting this. But, my other bike is an ancient Volvo estate (Station wagon?) when the brakes on that get to squealing, I apply a smear of Copper Grease to the BACK of the pads. Works a treat. Not knowing the ins & outs of the FZ6 front brake I'm not sure if it's a viable option.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Will have to check the fz6, but my car used to squeal like a pig when I barely applied the brakes or moving slowly. I kept checking and checking, plenty of meat left on the pads every time. When they finally wore out I went over to one of my mom's friend's house to barrow his tools/jack to change them myself.
This guy is apparently the Chief mechanic for the city of Largo, has been ridding motorcycles for 30+ years, and owned his own Garage for an eternity before he got bored and sold it.

He told me the squeal was the result of the pads being almost too loose and, in effect, vibrating in their mounts when slight pressure was applied. He had me put some weird purple goop on the back of my new pads, between the shim and the caliper mount. They haven't made a noise since.

Maybe its a similar thing here? pedwards claimed success by putting grease on the back of the pad.

nikvel

Reaction score
Visit site
i have the same problem they told me to clean my rottors and blow air with an air compresson in my pads because the get dirt and ellemnets stack inside