Front shock question

Schunter21

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I'm the proud new owner of an 07 FZ6S! I have found that the front shocks are not stiff enough, is there a way to adjust them to make them stiffer? Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Cheers, Scott

:welcome: The forks do not have adjustments, but you can replace the internal springs and/or use thicker weight fork oil.

:welcome: The forks do not have adjustments, but you can replace the internal springs and/or use thicker weight fork oil.

Hi and Welcome!
Do a little search for "emulators" and you will find several threads to read. As said ^^, they can be adjusted to better suit your needs, do some reading and determine which method is best for you and figure any path will likely require some cash be thrown at it. In the US, ~ $200 - $250 could get you squared away depending upon your skill set and how much you do yourself!

If by stiffer you really mean changing the preload to raise the the front you can add washers under the fork caps, easy and cheap. Also just buying a new set of springs that match your weight and riding style will make great improvements.

Suspension is the biggest weak point of budget bikes like the FZ6.

You may be able to keep the stock springs if you're around the 150lb mark. Just change the fork oil. I think most here put in 15W.

Preload is for fine tuning sag. The spring has to be in the ballpark for your weight. There's a single preload spacer inside each leg. That's the only "adjustment" we get.

Back