front sprocket nut recall

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey everybody i just got a used 05 fz6 n i just got back from the yamaha dealer for the recall on the TPS bc the previous owner never took care of it. i ask the mechanic about the front sprocket nut too n he looked up my vin n he said he didnt see anything about it...my question was Is this guy wrong or am i wrong?

cookies

Reaction score
Visit site
really? if the dealership told you , i think that's about as right as you can get ... why would the dealership lie? they get paid regardless.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
If there were anything about it, it'd show up in their system. It'd be one thing if the dude didn't even look it up, but that's not the case here. Where did you get the sprocket info?

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a 2004 about 25 months ago. Checked with dealer about recalls. The TPS had been done but not the sprocket nut so they did that one -had to order parts though. Think they replace nut and lock washer. Don't know if 2005 was recalled or not.

fz6pete

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2004 and had the TPS and nut/washer replaced due to the recall. Incidentally, I am the third owner and the Harley-Davidson/Yamaha dealership here in Houston did it free of charge - they have to actually, so don't get ripped off (they get reimbursed by Yamaha). Also, of minor note, when they switched out my nut/washer they used parts from an R6 which are basically the same (I would never know the difference).

The TPS is the only thing that has caused me any problems, it runs like a watch now (got it with about 3,000 miles and have about 14,000 now).

Good luck-Pete