FS: COMPLETE Naked Conversion Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, well, I bought these with the intention of getting my FZ6 back on street-duty eventually. After crashing her a couple times at the track I think I'm just going to leave her stripped down and maybe throw some clip-ons on her at most. She's only going to see track-duty from here on out. I've cracked some of the bits and pieces on her so I wouldn't want to have her on the street anyhow.

But that leaves me with the naked conversion kit I bought. I have never installed it and it's still all nice and shiny. And since I'm poor and still want to go for a decent ride this season....I could use some gas money......so:

The kit:

Stock OEM FZ6N headlight

IMG_0753.jpg

All brackets that go with it

IMG_0754.jpg

Little turn signals

IMG_0755.jpg

Napoleon bar-end mirrors (the real ones, not "Napoleon-style"):

02.jpg

By all accounts these things have zero vibration and great visibility since they are flat like your stock mirrors (i.e. not convex like most naked-bike mirrors). They flip to three positions (above, beside, or under). By the way I picked those bar-end mirrors because A) I thought they looked the best and B) they provide a TON more rear-visibility than those little ones you always see on naked bikes. These mirrors are actually discontinued now but I bought them for $90 plus $30 shipping from I forget where.

I am just looking at getting my money back for what I paid (which was a lot less than how much this stuff costs from Yamaha since I bought it from another forum member [Wolfman]) so I will pass on the savings. I just want to have a net-zero balance sheet for it all.

For the whole kit, I'm asking $800 including shipping. Shipping will not cost you extra. (unless maybe if you live stupendously far away then we can negotiate something)

Payment will be via paypal. I am hoping to sell these quickly for some extra gas money for a long-range ride in a couple weeks.

I'll also throw in a set of renthall handlebars. They bring the handlebars higher for a more relaxed riding position. Also they are a bit straighter too than the "bent-inwards" stock bar.

RENTHAL_BARS.JPG

And if it's useful I can throw in my speedometer and the bar that connects it to the frame too as I've got no use for it now.

And I'll throw in a set of storm barkbuster hand guards or whatever they're called.

7e828adbbb9ca47eaedf2dcfb3ec7d2c.jpg

Last edited:

wely324

Reaction score
Visit site
not trying to be an a hole or anything but you can get an oem yamaha naked conversion kit for $300 shipped. Just trying to help you out if your actually trying to sell this.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wanna link me to that? Because I priced it out at much higher. And so did Wolfman when I bought it off him.

Are you talking about that Asian 50cc naked bike headlight that's been floating around? You're going to have to back that up with some kind of evidence because there is absolutely no way in the world you can get that FZ6 OEM kit for $300.

The mirrors alone cost me $120.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wanna link me to that? Because I priced it out at much higher. And so did Wolfman when I bought it off him.

Are you talking about that Asian 50cc naked bike headlight that's been floating around? You're going to have to back that up with some kind of evidence because there is absolutely no way in the world you can get that FZ6 OEM kit for $300.

The mirrors alone cost me $120.

100% correct. The $300 kit (VS2) is the FZ16 headlight (150cc Yamaha).
There is absolutely no way to get a FZ6N or FZ1N kit for $300.
$800 is a fair price considering those mirrors are included.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll also throw in a set of renthall handlebars. They bring the handlebars higher for a more relaxed riding position. Also they are a bit straighter too than the "bent-inwards" stock bar.

RENTHAL_BARS.JPG

And if it's useful I can throw in my speedometer and the bar that connects it to the frame too as I've got no use for it now.

And I'll throw in a set of storm barkbuster hand guards or whatever they're called.

7e828adbbb9ca47eaedf2dcfb3ec7d2c.jpg

Last edited:

wely324

Reaction score
Visit site
not trying to be an a hole or anything but you can get an oem yamaha naked conversion kit for $300 shipped. Just trying to help you out if your actually trying to sell this.

i never said the OEM FZ6, i just stated a "yamaha oem" naked conversion kit, and yes I am talking about the VS2 kit off the FZ16. I guess i should have just kept my mouth shut, maybe I should be :ban:

GLWS

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i never said the OEM FZ6, i just stated a "yamaha oem" naked conversion kit, and yes I am talking about the VS2 kit off the FZ16. I guess i should have just kept my mouth shut, maybe I should be :ban:

GLWS

My apologies.. you're right.. you never said FZ6 kit.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not going to pricematch a lower end part from the asian market. That's ridiculous. The kit off the FZ16 looks ugly. This is the OEM FZ6 headlight and the way our bike was supposed to look when naked.

Last edited:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I think so about the ugliness of the FZ16 kit.
But $800 looks too much for OEM kit.
I could pay $200 for just the headlight., if you're interested. :D

wely324

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not going to pricematch a lower end part from the asian market. That's ridiculous. The kit off the FZ16 looks ugly. This is the OEM FZ6 headlight and the way our bike was supposed to look when naked.

im trying to stay away form this thread but ugly??? idk about that, i think it looks damn sexy to me and at the last trackday I was at I got way more comments on my bike than ever before, but to each their own... and a lower end part? more like the fz6 unit is overpriced asian crap like the rest of it but they know dumb americans will pay for it, lol

oh btw i think the OEM fz6 kit is Fugly:thumbup:

Last edited:

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
To each their own, but I dont think its particularly cool to trash an item someone is selling the exact same thread they are selling it. If I had the money I'd snatch this up in a second.

Good luck with the sale, the members on this site always seems to try and do right by one another. :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $600 for the headlight from another forum member and never installed it. As I said I'm passing on the savings and just trying to get my money back.

I am open to offers but I'm not going to sell it for $200.

I could have bought the FZ16 headlight when I bought this one. I didn't because I think it looks ugly. If that hurts anyone's feelings then they should develop thicker skin. That is my personal opinion. I am not going to pricematch a lower end part.

I might start selling the items individually later on but for now I'm going to keep them together.

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I will break this up into smaller groups of items. Was hoping to sell them all together.

I'm going to post individual threads for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.